Closed cab TT owners, help please.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Closed cab TT owners, help please.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jay on Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 01:44 pm:

Asking for help and information regarding installation of door windows.

'26 closed cab TT truck.
The doors are steel, not wood framed.
I have the window glass along with its strap channel.
I have the straps.

Questions:
Are there U-shaped channels assembled to the sides and top of the door that would guide the glass for up and down movement and opened and closed positions?
From where can this channel be purchased?
How are these channels assembled to the door?
Is there a special technique in placing the window glass into the door?

Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 03:43 pm:

-Jay-
Having my Dad's '26 TT, I've gathered/saved a lot of TT info. These should help you, but PM me if I can help further.
Marv

TT glass: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/616627.html?1455734552
TT info: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/633723.html?1461086961

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 03:47 pm:

Riser straps:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/166528.html?1287772854

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Monday, January 16, 2017 - 10:10 am:

Jay,
First off; remove inside door trim - 3 pieces each - so the glass will fit in the opening. Then attach strap to the loop on the bottom of glass channel. Remove the square panel (4 screws) bottom inside of door to ensure you have a glass 'stop' bracket inside door with a rubber bumper. If so, insert glass from inside of door with strap on the inside. Glass channels on forward and aft vertical locations of door are available from Lang's and Snyder's. Sprinkle a little graphite in the channels to facilitate glass movement. Install them with small sheet metal screws. Foam rubber molded to encompass glass when window closed all the way (upper glass opening horizontal) is also available from suppliers. Install it with dabs of Gorilla Glue. Close glass on this foam rubber until glue 'sets'. Repeat with other door

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jay on Monday, January 16, 2017 - 02:26 pm:

Marv and George. Thank you so much for your help. Just what I needed to know. Will order the channels and rubber.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration