Mounting Plunger Horn How To?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Mounting Plunger Horn How To?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 04:54 pm:

Got this plunger horn and it's kinda neat and I'd like to use it on my WWI military vehicle. Wood body, bench seat and no door, wood dash.
Did this horn mount directly to a body, or did it, like the cowl lights need an additional bracket? The plunger and bell are in line with each other, which seems odd. To plunge it down with some force, the bell points straight down. To point the bell forward. the drive would have to push away from him/her.
And, for all I know, this was mounted under the floorboards with the plunger being stomped on with the foot.

Directions not included when I got it.

Any direction appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 05:38 pm:

Do whatever you want but i think if you start stomping on it with your foot it will soon be broken?? Bud Ps,Is the bell brass under the paint?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 06:35 pm:

Klaxon made them with vertical or horizontal push.

Put it where you can reach it with your palm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 06:57 pm:

OK, neat. So, palm operated, mount with no bracket other than what is attached to anywhere where is can be safely reached. Pointed forward.

TO THE DRAWING BOARD!!!!!

ps, I think it is steel under the paint, not brass. Or I'd strip the bell horn at least and get the brass polished up. Alas, I think it will all be OD Green.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration