New Day Timers ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: New Day Timers ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Monday, January 16, 2017 - 10:44 pm:

Prevailing opinion seems to be that the newly reproduced New Day timers do not give good service - has that problem been resolved ? If not, are there distinguishing features between the old originals and the reproductions ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, January 16, 2017 - 11:03 pm:

There have been several reproductions over the years. Some of them have earned a bad reputation for using inferior materials and wearing out quickly. The new ones from Tom Carnegie (Antique Auto Ranch) are said to be good, but I haven't tried one because I already have originals.

Four years ago I asked about how to ID the originals. Here's that discussion: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/343528.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 02:26 am:

The Antique Auto Ranch versions are great. 509 . 535 . 7789
Speak softly in your best south-of-the-border accent and ask
for "Hooch". He'll get you squared away. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 06:28 am:

Thank you much, Steve and Burger!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 01:09 pm:

I thought he was Hatch!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 01:19 pm:

Honch ??

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 01:24 pm:

If your south-of-the-border accent is good enough, it would actually
come out as "Ooch". The "H" would be undetectable.

Allo ? Aim calling for Seņor Ooch. Yis, do you have New Day Timer ?

Give it a shot. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 02:11 pm:

Burger, you wouldn't be setting us up would you?
If not, then the next question should be, "Tank youse, is that Pesos or Amerikan dolla?"
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 02:35 pm:

Actually, it is Hutch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Hutchinson on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 03:35 pm:

Tip Top Timers version of the New Day timer is available through several vendors. Antique Auto Ranch, Lang's, Snyder's, Chaffin's, Mac's Birdhaven's etc. or you can call me direct, if you need to 509-220-0892. Just ask for hutch, thanks Burbber :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 08:43 pm:

Burger did set me up ! I called Hutch, and he did get me squared away. Very pleasant conversation. Thanks, fellers !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 11:49 am:

I'm glad I've been around long enough to remember when you could buy new original New Day timers for $3 at swap meets in the original orange boxes. People are finally starting to realize what wonderful timers they are.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration