Culture clash-Cowboys and Indians and cars!-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Culture clash-Cowboys and Indians and cars!-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 09:59 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 11:14 pm:

The car is a two-cylinder, chain-drive Buick Model F.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 11:35 pm:

A Buick giving them a run for their money!

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 11:49 pm:

Lemmon, South Dakota in 1908 had just moved from its previous location to where the new Milwaukee Railroad had come through that summer. I think the earlier town was mostly the headquarters of the L-7, George Lemmon's 865,000 acre ranch a few miles south of the railroad location.

The building under construction in the photo is the hotel which was still standing and open when I was in college, I took my girl friend and her parents there for dinner in about 1962 or 3.

The stage coach is most likely the Deadwood stage which ran out of Lemmon until about 1912 when it was replaced by a car.

Two single women teachers built a drive in restaurant there in the late 40's and had all the car hops on roller skates. It drew people from hundreds of miles away to eat there and watch the girls skate. I can't for the life of me think what the name of it was, tho. Might have been Dairy Delight. It was about 100 miles east of where we lived and was a big trip to go there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gift on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 04:14 am:

Business a lot of money can do a lot of things.
This is picture frame http://amzn.to/2iZBNJv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 06:00 pm:

Chris, this guy needs to be dumped. Michael Gift. Probably not even a person, just someone spamming every site they can find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 06:47 pm:

Yes Stan he needs to go he is even spamming the classifieds with his crap.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration