On This Date in 1892...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: On This Date in 1892...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 08:39 am:

On this date in 1892 our friend Oliver Hardy was born in Harlem Georgia. Happy Birthday Oliver!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 11:05 am:

From today's "The Writer's Almanac" by Garrison Keillor:

Itís the birthday of Oliver Hardy, born Norvell Hardy in Harlem, Georgia (1892). He studied law and sang professionally before he met Stan Laurel; they were one of the few teams to move smoothly from the vaudeville hall to full-length film comedies. They were most famous during the í30s, and they won an Oscar for a short film called The Music Box, in which they attempted to get a piano up a steep staircase. The staircase wasnít on a back lot; it was a real staircase that still stands in a residential neighborhood in Los Angeles. Ray Bradbury wrote a short story about a couple of Laurel and Hardy fans who fell in love there, and who signaled each other by leaving bottles of champagne on the steps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 03:18 pm:

Great subject, but a little OT, note the very straight side of that touring car. This is a detail that is often overlooked by restorers. The driver's side should be in a straight line. Notice also the amount of "roll" on the front seat back.
Although the windshield is earlier, the back door hinges look like the equal-length '25 hinges?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 06:52 pm:

Sorry, I guess I should have put the OT symbol on this thread I just thought that they were such a part of our Model T world I didn't even consider it OT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 08:15 pm:

Hi Dennis, NO, I meant MY posting was a bit OT to yours, I agree, this subject is very T oriented. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 02:52 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 10:13 pm:

Very ON topic! Fantastic pic and topic Dennis!
Another fine mess!
Cripes, I almost typed "I really need a touring."
Duane

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration