Small oil filler caps!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Small oil filler caps!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By TT on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 04:04 pm:

Hi all

hopefully someone can help me on this one!

There a few few oil points on the T with the little spring caps , I have one missing but unable to work out what they are called to enable me to look for replacements they are abou t3/8 of an inch in diameter.

I have tried several names and can't figure it !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 04:07 pm:

Oilers or oil cups

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By TT on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 04:10 pm:

See that's seems so obvious now your have said it, thank too :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 04:27 pm:

They're called Gits oilers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 04:29 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 11:55 am:

If you look closely at the photo Dan posted, there is little hope of getting any oil into the oil cap on the main spring leaf, because it's 180 degrees off! It's good insurance to refer to the Ford Service book when installing these oil caps for proper placement.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration