Holley NH data plate

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Holley NH data plate
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 04:12 pm:

I would like to replace the missing plate on my spare carb. The nails/rivets are still in the carb. How would be the best way to remove the rivets? I've tried getting a hold on them with pliers. Not happening. They appear to be copper? I suppose I will file them flat and drill them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 06:37 pm:

Tommy,
I usually sharpen a small drift or punch and a light tap with a hammer removes them. You will have to drill out the remainder of rivets. It's easy. Just center punch the rivet stub and gently drill it out. I use drive screws to put the plate back on instead of the little brass pins sold in the catalogs. The sharpened punch works equally as well if you are trying to remove a tag and reuse it. I hope this helps. I'm sure there are other ways as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 06:58 pm:

I drilled mine out on my NH on my 26. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 10:08 am:

I noticed when I drilled mine out the bit was a bit smaller,it left some copper around the edges of the holes.But the pins I got to replace the name tag were way to small. I wound up using a small piece of brass brazing rod about 3/16 long,I sharpened it then cut it off,drove it in far as it would go with a punch and it holds the tag.Not purty but it works.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 11:25 am:

The tag is so small and on the back side , not easily seen so I think I'll just forget it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 11:34 am:

I just grind them smooth and drill new holes right into the old rivets for the new rivets. Easy.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration