Early Model T in a garage -Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Early Model T in a garage -Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 08:15 pm:

A Classic 'Model T garage"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 08:23 pm:

Wow. THats a great picture and what a great car... Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 08:27 pm:

Ha .... I have the two door version of this garage. Built in 1919. Not much room in there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 08:38 pm:

It must be owned by an Italian. Note the grape vines and the wine barrel. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 09:53 pm:

There are a lot of what I like to call "Model T" garages all over Minneapolis and St. Paul.

As cars became longer, it was common to put a bump-out at the rear of the garage, high enough to clear the hood. I see a lot of those too….

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 10:04 pm:

looks like 09-10 ford. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 10:09 pm:

Note the No. 1 accessory just inside the door. "Let's see, do I check the oil first or pump up the tires?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Findlay on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 11:55 pm:

Probably made in China inner tubes....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 01:05 am:

What's that on the right rear tire? Ropes/chains/patches? Expecting snow?
Gas or Kero can over in the corner.
Thank heavens the pump is in the photo! I've seen too may tires that needed just a little air.
Nice wooden walkway to the house.
Great pic Herb!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 04:24 pm:

Maybe it had a tire with an odd early style of thread? A similar thread can be seen on this Cadillac in a Swedish 1915 photo:

ffff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 04:33 pm:

I love those old T garages! The can almost looks like it might be wood clad. I have two of them. Pretty neat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 04:51 pm:

Reminds me of this set of photos.

Daddy's replacing the Babbitt thrust washers with brass ones Maw!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 06:35 pm:

Royce, thats a great set of photos. Looks like she tore it apart and he is putting it back together.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration