What kind of rim is this?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What kind of rim is this?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 09:53 pm:

Hi, this rim came with my car. The other 4 are clinchers. What might this one be?

Unknown rim.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 10:06 pm:

standwell- jaxson ??. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 10:08 pm:

Another clincher, non demountable, for wood fellow wheel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 10:23 pm:

Like this thread? http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/580352.html?1445636334

My other 4 are de-mountable.

Are these desirable to someone? Is it worth throwing the rim in with the ones I am going to get galvanized? I have an extra front wheel hub, I don't have the 2 other rim pieces or the wood fellows or a jig to get this to work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 12:03 am:

Ignacio- not sure you are going to be happy with galvanized rims. Look into having them clear zinc plated. If you do decide to go that route, have them sandblasted or beadblasted before hand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 12:06 am:

It is a Jaxon 30 x 3 1/2 clincher rim.
Jaxon No.11 demountable rim as below.

a

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 12:08 am:

Yes, it's desirable for someone putting together a wood-felloe wheel. Don't galvanize it. Non-demountable rims are painted the same as the rest of the wheel, like this.

You have plenty of other stuff to do on that car. I wouldn't waste time on this now. If you have four demountables, you don't need a non-demountable fifth wheel. You can sell this to somebody who has a use for it, or keep it for a possible future project.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration