Body Stand or holding fixture

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Body Stand or holding fixture
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerald Blair on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 06:22 am:

I am looking for Ideas and suggestions for a holding fixture to place the body of my 26 Roadster on when I remove it from the frame. I have 1 bolt left and hope to set the body off this weekend. I think I would like to build it out of wood so it is easy to take apart when I am finished. If you have any ideas or pictures it would be appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 06:39 am:

Three wheeler, makes it easy to shove around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 10:39 am:

4-wheeler version :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 12:06 pm:

This one didn't have any wheels, but I could crawl under to paint the underside and I could push the rolling chassis under. I just removed the 2x4 crossmembers and lowered the car onto the chassis. I rolled the chassis under from the front so the engine was in front of the front of the body. After completion, I could use the wood for anything including the fireplace.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer --- Klaaswaal NL on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 01:04 pm:

Gerald; I use this Body stand for my Roadster. You can turn it 360 degrees,so you can work ALWAYS upright. Sorry I have no pictures with the Body mounted on
Toon
531M
532M
533M

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dwight Smith on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 05:46 pm:

I took some 4x4 treated posts and some scrap material to make a cart for my Tudor I made it high enough to slide the body on to it. I used it for sand blasting and all body work including final paint. I mounted additional fixtures for doors and fenders to paint them as well. cart

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerald Blair on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 06:11 am:

Thanks Guys. I really like the one Anthonie has but I don't have a nice big garage like that. I think I will come up with a three wheeled stand that is a little taller like the others so I can work on it without getting on my knees and can use it for other projects when I am finished.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration