Old Photo - Model T Era - Two Men Fishing In A Pony Blimp

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Model T Era - Two Men Fishing In A Pony Blimp
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 09:59 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 10:02 am:

That is just too cool !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 10:10 am:

Wow. I sure wish we could zoom out and see the whole thing. One thing is certain, there wasn't much wind that day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 10:40 am:

Looks like a single-cylinder engine. I wonder how they restarted it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 10:48 am:

Here you go Henry.

The following is from a 1920 Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company advertisement:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 10:51 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 11:01 am:

Very cool. Thanks Jay!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 11:05 am:

What they would do when fishing from the blimp was to chuck a stick of dynamite into the lake while at a higher altitude then drop down to the level of the lake and scoop up their fish.

OR

EPA taking water samples from the lake.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 11:58 am:

The blimp used to land and take off from beside the Los Angeles river near where the intersection of I 5 and state 2 are located today. My aunt live across the river from that point and I can remember in September 1940 walking down to the bank of the river and looking across at the blimp. They used to have ropes hanging from the blimp and men would hold it down while they loaded and unloaded. Then the men would let go of the ropes and the blimp would rise. Very fun to watch. The reason I can remember the month was that my sister was born September 16 that year and I stayed with my aunt and uncle while my mother was in the hospital.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 12:47 am:

The engine is a three cylinder. I haven't yet found out how it is started from within the car.

Pictures of the D57 landing at De Mille Airfield.

And Tire delivery.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration