Restore a Kingston Carb

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Restore a Kingston Carb
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Douglas Dachenbach on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 10:04 am:

I have an old Kingston L4 carburetor that I would like to restore. I know that they are not as good or desirable as the Holley NH, but Id like to use it for a demonstration. Does any place sell a complete restoration kit? I have seen gasket sets and a few pieces but no sets for valves and sets. Does a supply house have all the parts needed? I have mostly a shell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 04:26 pm:

https://www.modeltford.com/pl.aspx?t=s&v=kingston%20L4&page=1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 05:38 pm:

Send me your undesirable and bad Kingston , I'll send you a NH wheel chock

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 10:12 pm:

The Kingston L4 is a very good carburetor. Don't sell it short. In my view it is as good or maybe a touch better than the NH.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 10:48 pm:

You can get the needle and seat, spray needle nut, bowl nut, throttle plate, air valve shaft assembly, cork plug, and gasket kit. You will need yo clean up the spray needle as that is not available as far as I know. The biggest thing to watch for is the air shaft that goes from the bottom of the carb to just under air valve needs to e clear. Use a thin wire and make sure it goes all the way through.
My 25 runs a L4 as I got it that way and it runs very good. I tried a NH on it and thought it lowered the performance so went back to the L4.
If you need a few parts, contact me with a pm. I may be able to help. But I don't have all the parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Douglas Dachenbach on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 09:46 am:

Thanks everyone for the help. I'll take it apart and see what I have and need and then get back to Steven if I need additional parts.

Doug

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration