FJ - OT on the subject of museums worth a gander ....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: FJ - OT on the subject of museums worth a gander ....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 09:39 am:

Yesterday I was headed eastbound on I-40 outside of Albuquerque, NM.

As I often do - I took the scenic route further east - Hwy 6 to Hwy 47 to Hwy 60.

I stopped in Ft. Sumner, NM which is a regular stop to visit Billy's grave.

I had last been thru a few months ago & notice the museum shuttered by his grave so I decided to stop in town
to a museum I had never visited because I assumed it was not worth visiting ....

Boy was I wrong ..... :-)

Tim Sweet met me inside - 3rd generation family owner/operator of Billy The Kid Museum opened in the Fall of 1952 by his Grandfather.

We visited - I carefully walked thru - upon completing my tour I visited with Tim's Dad & Mom.

Don & Lula were simply put - a delight !

Don retired from the railroad years before - he started as a telegraph operator.

They have kept this family business alive thru good & lean years - a testament to the resiliency of New Mexico folks.

There were several Model T's in the vehicle collection.

My favorites from the collection were authentic business cards from Doc Holliday when he was a Dentist & Wyatt Earp when he was a Bar Owner.

Small Town Museums .....

They keep our past alive for our present & future.

Freighter Jim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration