Ken's '26 TT snowmobile

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Ken's '26 TT snowmobile
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 12:02 pm:

Ken's '26 TT barn find has been turned into a fine snowmobile over the last few months work on Thursday nights in his shop at Merrimack Valley Tire in Havehill, Mass..

You may remember my earlier posts about, with the helped of brothers Paul & Steve and with Mike and myself we helped Ken pull his TT out of a barn in Vermont on September 17, 2016. Tonight January 19, 2017, after many Thursday nights work we are installing the tracks and have it up and running!!!! Now all we need is some snow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiQsmsYRzHk

Great times and Happy snowmobile,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 08:01 am:

Zachary Carrico, here are the photos you requested.

Hope these help you with your build, please add your photos.

Happy snowmobiling, (where's the snow)?

Warren

'26 barn find
'26 barn find

buggy spring
buggy spring

bobcat track
bobcat track

installing track
installing track

final inspection
final inspection

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Carrico on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 10:42 pm:

Thanks Warren its nice to see the details a little better.

-Zac

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 09:58 pm:

They are some massive tracks. And it runs like a dream!
Liking this. Thanks Warren!
Ken's been very busy since September. I remember when it came out of the barn.
We harbor a littler one in our building at a volunteer club. Love these machines. The owner puts the skis on for me once a year and that little Ford looks so "macho" that way!
I was just now asking myself (internally, inside my head) if I'd want one. Maybe! It might be able to climb my icy hill right now if I dared take it down to the road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 08:45 am:

Well Duey, at least you have something that Ken needs badly SNOW!!!! We are planning on going to the Model T Ford Snowmobile Club's 18th Annual Snowmobile Meet, at Remick Doctors Farm Museum in Tamworth, NH and hope that there is snow.

http://www.modeltfordsnowmobile.com/index.htm

Happy snowmobiling,

Warren

Model T snowmobiles
Model T snowmobiles

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 12:39 pm:

Kenís barn find (9-17-2016) 1926 Model TT is now a Snowmobile in only a few months. Each Thursday night for the past 3 months Ken and his friends have been working on bring his TT back to life. He is hoping to have it ready for the Model T Ford Snowmobile Club's, 18th Annual Snowmobile Meet, at Remick Doctors Farm Museum in Tamworth, NH and hope that there is snow.

http://www.modeltfordsnowmobile.com/index.htm

Happy snowmobiling,

Warren

Brothers Paul & Steve taking turns with Ken's snowmobile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qKeub2rpSQ&feature=youtu.be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 07:27 am:

A few of the club members rode this venue last February when the Morrissville Vt. meet was cancelled. The Model T Snowmobile Club will be joining the Museums Winter Carnival day on Saturday the 5th of February. We will have our own tent and we will be able to use the Museum building at any time. There will be plenty of parking for trucks and trailers in the village of Tamworth.

Happy snowmobiling,

Warren

Snowmobiles at Johnson Farm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 09:07 am:

Ken, Paul Chet and I had another busy, but very enjoyable, night working on Ken's snowmobile. 1st we changed the buggy springs axle and location, because the other axle was allowing those springs carry all the weight.

buggy spring

buggy spring

Next we worked on putting on the front skies,

front skies,

front skies,

front skies.

After our dinner break Ken and I worked on making some badly needed flooring. We haven't got much time left before the meet, to get everything Ken wants to do done.

Ruckstell

Happy snowmobiling,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 05:27 pm:

Hey Ken, better take a look at these Model T & TT snowmobiles. I think your tracks may have to be put on a diet, they are at least twice the width of the ones at Muster Farm today in North Sutton.

Happy snowmobiling,

Warren

Muster Farm, North Sutton, NH 1
Muster Farm, North Sutton, NH

Muster Farm, North Sutton, NH 2

Muster Farm, North Sutton, NH 3

Muster Farm, North Sutton, NH 4

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration