Stevens Front Axle Tool

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Stevens Front Axle Tool
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 05:23 pm:

I have had some PMs asking about the Stevens Front Axle Tool. So I thought I would post a picture of one so people would know what it is. Once you use one or have an Axle fixed by one, you see that it is the best way to do it.
So here is what one is.

Here is one in the box they came in.

The first picture is one of Jack's repro frames and my tooling. The second one is an original one that went to Aust. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 07:18 pm:

Do you have a copy of the instructions, too?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 07:37 pm:

Thomas: Yes, PM me and I will send you a copy. Anyone else that wants a copy do the same. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 07:41 pm:

Dan, what is the washer for. I think I know, But Ill still ask...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 07:49 pm:

Thrust washer, goes on the shaft of the reamer and the reamer/tap. If you do not use it the reamer or tap will cut into your frame. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 07:59 pm:

Here is an original Steven's advertisement for their axle repair tool. I too get the same question "What does it do?"

Steven's Advertisement

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration