Rear End Axles

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Rear End Axles
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 07:03 pm:

Are the rear axles on a 13 or early cars the same as a 23 or 24.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 07:04 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/P-R.htm#rax3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 07:19 pm:

Thanks Mark, I just aquired a pair of axles shafts and someone had marked on them 13? I will check and see if I can find part numbers.
Sam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 09:53 pm:

Sam,On one of my 13 housings,I found a set of axle gears that were a different size. Check the diameter of the gear where it goes into the carrier.Some had a bronze bushing,while the later didn't.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration