What Kind of Car is this?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What Kind of Car is this?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Taylor Andre on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 07:05 pm:

This is my friend great-grandfather's car. Any idea on the make?car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 07:12 pm:

Taylor, If you can save the images on your iPhone's Photo Album app, you cold post larger versions. one of our Forum members will know what it is - and probably a lot more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 07:20 pm:

pic1

pic2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Taylor Andre on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 07:26 pm:

Here is a larger photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Taylor Andre on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 07:26 pm:

Thanks Mark you beat me to it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 07:50 pm:

1926-27 Chrysler

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 07:50 pm:

I don't know the make, but that is a mighty interesting signal device, and it looks like someone gave the car a swift kick to the cowl.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 07:53 pm:

It looks like a 1927 Whippet model 96 to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Taylor Andre on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 07:55 pm:

I think it is a 1925 Chrysler sedan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Taylor Andre on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 07:56 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 08:00 pm:

The bucket headlights were only used in the first few years of Chrysler
production ... a carry-over from Maxwell ? They went to a bullet shaped
back pretty soon after.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 08:00 pm:

I'm wrong... it's a Chrysler....(oops)...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 01:47 am:

That style, the basic body lines, slight offset cowl, double belt line, was very common, for about four years. Chrysler, Paige, REO, about a dozen other cars, look very much alike in photos. Whippet, was a smaller car when seen in person or next to any of the others, but was quite stylish for the day and without a size reference, looks very similar. But yes, I am fairly sure that one is a Chrysler.
Drum style headlamps dominated the industry for only about four years. A few cars used them before about 1924, and only a very few after 1927. Packard, tended to be conservative on styling and had large drum headlamps through 1928 model year.
Just a few of my silly observations.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration