This is a great way to advertise a model T in 1914

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: This is a great way to advertise a model T in 1914
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 12:33 am:

Perfect!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 02:40 am:

Except that it was not in 1914. The car has a cowl and louvered hood typical of 1915 models. The gas lights would be a retrofit. The painted body highlight is typical of Tarrant Motors cars, Tarrant's being the Ford agents for Victoria.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 09:09 am:

If that were a 13 with 6 adults the doors would be popping open!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 09:19 am:

Canadian cars were right-hand drive?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 09:20 am:

Ooopps...OMG...please disregard that last ignorant statement !!! How does one delete a post??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 09:56 am:

That's OK Rick..after I posted I realized it's 5 adults and a kid!! ha ha. I'm not sure if they can be deleted other than Chris doing it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesse L. Ashcraft on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 10:28 am:

>>>How does one delete a post??<<<

They can be deleted but you only have 30 minutes to do it.

- Go to User Profile and log on
- under Most Recent Posts, the graphic will include "Delete" next to "View." Click on that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 02:56 pm:

Not the reaction I expected? The point was Model T's could go where no other brands could go but the only things spotted are the model year, the number of people and where the handle bars are located.
I found the signage interesting, am I the only one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 03:27 pm:

No,

Just that kinda day Kevin.

Kinda feel that way about my F350 CC Dually
as far as dependability ..... :-)

Thanks for posting

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Churchill on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 04:29 pm:

Kevin
It is a great photo for a few reasons, thanks for posting.
Who ARE those characters ?, when was this photo taken ? Agree that it is not 1914 so when exactly was it and I wonder why they retrofitted the headlamps ?
It looks like the "sign" was added after the photo was taken (I think I can see the lines off the trees behind it)
Where did you find it ?
Thanks
Brian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 05:31 pm:

It looks like the tires have been retouched to appear that they are in the mud when they aren't. You can see a ghost of tire before it was retouched. And where are the tracks that the tires would have made?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 05:37 pm:

Thank you Kevin W! It is a wonderful picture of a very non-standard model T (at least, to most of the world). I knew instantly that it was an Australian version, by the coloring, RHD, and the lamps, for a '15/'16.
The advertising spin on the circumstances is also quite interesting!
Again, thank you.
As for the editing a post? I have successfully managed to edit one of my error stricken comments, maybe three or four times. The rest are out there forever to be seen by everyone! In my mind, a small price to pay for the simple ease of this site which I would be pleased if it stayed basically like this forever!
But that is me.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 07:08 pm:

Brian I got it from a book of early motoring.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration