Hope he greased his jack before he left

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Hope he greased his jack before he left
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 12:36 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Thomas on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 01:22 am:

Sir Hudson needs to learn to travel light. Perhaps he had his wife with him ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 07:13 am:

Grass in the tires...haven't heard that one before. Anyone running grass in their tires? if so how is the ride?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 07:50 am:

The barrel must have been ful of patch kits when he started!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 07:50 am:

The Ohio State Patrol finds grass (and other things) hidden in tires, door panels, and gas tanks around here quite often put those who do it usually don't print it in the paper! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 02:51 pm:

Grass filed on the roadside when nothing else available was a regular habit in NZ also, just to get you home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Howard ( Australia) on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 03:46 pm:

Even on todays sealed roads its 1700 k's.Darwin to Cloncurry.... that's a 1000 + miles ... God only knows what it was like in 1920, but there certainly would not have been any roadhouses to fuel up.. and it wouldn't have been exactly hospitable country if you break down. Amazing courage to undertake the journeys of those early automobile drivers in the outback.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 04:08 pm:

In 2009 some of our Queensland Model T Club members reenacted the Hudson Fysh journey.

Here is a link to the Web Page.

Best regards, John Page, Australia

http://www.thedriveford.com/index.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kurt Baltrusch on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 07:34 pm:

I had a friend in Eastern Montana who used to shoot coyotes from his Super Cub, and once when he landed to pick up a coyote in a cactus patch both tires got punctured. He claimed he stuffed the tires with sagebrush and went back to hunting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 12:00 am:

The puncture count reported here is not surprising when you remember that these cars were sharing the road with horses which were losing horseshoes and horseshoe nails regularly. Imagine how many nails were littering the roads back then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 12:09 am:

Had a VW bug with no spare and got a flat miles from any where. Dad and I pulled the tire off and stuffed it with Scotch broom. :-) Saw dust I have heard of but we didn't have any.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred B on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 01:48 am:

my dad said in old days some would put cotton seed in their tires.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred B on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 01:50 am:

my dad said in old days some would put cotton seed in their tires.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 06:49 am:

Fred,

Your Dad was correct. I removed the cotton seeds from the rear tire of one of our Fords around 1968.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 07:38 am:

My Dad once told me that he stuffed the tires on his car with rags

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration