What make of car iiiiiiiiis this?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What make of car iiiiiiiiis this?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 12:39 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 12:56 am:

Clown car ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 01:35 am:

At first I though packard but now I'm not sure...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable - Kiama NSW OZ on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 02:12 am:

The Charabang is a 1924 White
It was built by a Sydney body building firm (Smith and Waddington) famous for their Rolls Royce bodies as well as other high end makes.

As a teenager I knew the designer of these bodies Arthur Smith who my father worked with in the body repair business he ran before retiring in 1958.

Only last year I completed a story about the firm
which went bankrupt in 1925 just as Ford Canada set up shop in Australia.

charabang

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 02:28 am:

I suppose that being built on a White chassis it really isn't a car at all. Earlier charabancs were often based on trucks. During the week the trucks did normal trucking duties and on the weekends a charabanc body was fitted for tourism work. I have not seen photos of any as nice as this one.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 06:57 am:

Thank you for the history on this cool vehicle Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 07:39 am:

Peter,
Thank for identification of the Smith & Waddington Vehicle. It is quite a machine. What was the engine size?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 08:22 am:

they made cars before trucks. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Manuel Voyages, ACT Australia on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 10:29 pm:

Where have I seen that top pic before?
Is it from a book

Manuel in Oz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 07:36 am:

This is the exact reason I LOVE this forum. It makes no difference what is discussed, someone here has the answer or finds it... And Yes, Thank You Peter.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration