Coupe by house-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Coupe by house-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 08:34 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 08:49 am:

It looks like the Coupe has a two-tone paint job.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 09:26 am:

Are there any obvious telltale characteristics that aid one in identifying the year of coupes between 1919-early 1923? I know they added metal over the window sills at one point, but I doubt you could make that out in most b&w photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 09:37 am:

By the offset T shaped door handle, I will say 1922.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 09:51 am:

Was it in '23 they eliminated the suicide door?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 10:27 am:

Yes, I think June is '22 they changed the coupe body style.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 10:28 am:

Can't type on this phone. June of '23 is what I meant.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 05:52 pm:

22's and 23's had the L (or offset T) handles. 21's had T (non-offset) handles. 19's and 20's had bail handles.

Tim it was in calendar year '23. The hinges moved to the front of the doors with the '24 model year coupes. They were the high-radiator ones with the integrated turtle.

(Message edited by coupelet on January 21, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 06:26 pm:

From the fading on the car, I suspect it was about five years old when the picture was taken. That sort of bi-color fading was common on enclosed Ts because the upper part of the body wound up with thinner paint due to the way the paint was flowed down in the factory. The top of the body also got a little more direct sunlight than the lower part of the body which curved under slightly. Those two factors often resulted in a fading to a different shade above the belt line than below it.
Given the amount of fading on the upper body, it is likely that if the window frames were left as painted wood? They likely would show their age by this time. It is also possible, that the upper body could have been repainted (however somewhat unlikely from the look of it) therefore explaining the shading of the entire upper body. I think it is a late '22 or '23 steel framed window car. This would be supported by the later "L" shaped door handle. I don't know exactly when that change was made from the earlier "T" shaped handles, but I think it was around early '22 model year. I am sure there would have been a few months of crossover time. The picture isn't clear enough to see for sure which type of window lifts it has.
Nice photo! Thank you all.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 06:51 pm:

Herb great picture of a cool car. I like the coupes much better than the roadsters even though I own 2 roadsters now. I expect to get another coupe but I will find one at a fair deal that is decent mechanical shape. Tim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration