Old Photo - Calorically Challenged Young Lady Posing

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Calorically Challenged Young Lady Posing
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 10:01 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 10:23 am:

What kind of headlights does that car have on it? They look like drum headlights,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 10:23 am:

Jack Sprat could eat no fat
His wife could eat no lean.
And so betwixt the two of them
They licked the platter clean.

The coupe is a Chevrolet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 10:25 am:

What kind of headlights does that car have on it? They look like drum headlights, The rear fenders don't look right for a suicide door car. I wonder if it is a later picture (50's) of a put together car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 10:41 am:

OH Chevy Ok thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 10:48 am:

The car appears to be a 1924 Chevrolet Superior Utility Coupe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 10:52 am:

"For the small family". Ha ha ha ha !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 10:14 pm:

That's Edna Hefty, former All-Pro tackle with the Kansas City Chiefs !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 10:36 pm:

Mom I've found you!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 11:09 pm:

How did you lose her ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 12:04 am:

Wife just looked at the picture and thinks it may be from the late '40's or early '50's based on hair style, clothing style and types of fabric. Purse style and construction also suggests '50's. Also, note the house in the background. Low roof pitch, facia boards, narrow eves.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 12:28 am:

Looks like late fashion 1920s/early 1930s to me - the dress, long baggy sweater and baggy pants look late 1920s to me.

Shorter hair styles such as the "bob" were popular in the 1920s and early 1930s.

Note two towers on the left - oil rigs in Los Angeles? Low pitched roof lines and fascia boards are common on 1920s southern California bungalows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred B on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 12:48 am:

would that be the dealers advertising on the spare tire cover?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 01:53 am:

Could be anything painted or silk-screened on the tire cover.

Last word looks like "Songbird."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 08:08 am:

They might both fit in that little coupe. Good pic. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 09:03 am:

Yes, the dress says late twenties. The combination of palm fronds, oil derricks, and eucalyptus trees says southern California.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 10:09 am:

Keep the pictures coming!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 10:14 am:

She's not calorically challenged, she's calorically overloaded! (My bad) Probably was a very sweet girl.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter McIntyre on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 10:56 am:

WHOA GUYS!!!
I am Peter's wife and I usually enjoy reading threads on this forum but I think some of these personal comments are a little over the line.
This lady might still be with us and reading this thread

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 01:06 pm:

Bttt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 07:39 pm:

She would be about 107 years old if she was still alive. Also, remember the old Irish saying: "Nobody's sweetheart is ugly."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 07:48 pm:

Amend Rick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 09:38 pm:

I like that quote Rick. Very good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 09:47 pm:

I have a longtime friend who has a stupid reputation for chasing high
maintenance trophy women. After 3 very expensive divorces and a lot
of grief, he "adjusted" his sights to women that might lack a certain
"flash", but are rich in their sense of practicality. After 35 years of con-
versations between our mutual friends regarding his self-made hell, it
was plenty amusing to have HIM tell me how those high falootin' types
were not worth the headaches. He has been married to his current wife
for a while now and he says the lack of drama makes him think this will
carry him through to the end.

Touché. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 09:56 pm:

Burger,

A comedian the other day said he had a trophy wife, but that the trophy was not for first place. Is that kinda what you're getting at?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 11:41 pm:

I guess it could read that way. One of my clients is an interior designer.
The work I do for her takes me to some absurdly overdone homes, where
$10,000 light fixtures are changed out every few years "just to update".
The female clients that live in these houses are spending someone else's
money (husband) and while way above par for being visually appealing, it
is obvious that keeping a woman like that comes with whole different set
of costs and complications than anything I know in MY life (or would tolerate).

Just not worth the hassle and expense.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 09:29 am:

Speaking of judging a woman's looks on a scale of 1 to 10. The urban dictionary says A 'Jewish 10' is a 2 ......... with 8 million Dollars. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 11:59 am:

She's just "pleasingly plump"; the more to love.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 09:43 pm:

Give the poor lady a break! My sister broke her leg as a girl and the break was such that she couldn't put any weight on it, no walking cast or even crutches. She had to sit or lie down all day and was home schooled for a couple months until it healed. During that time she gained a lot of weight. Later she lost it and became a beautiful young lady. Something similar could have happened to the lady in the picture.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 09:52 pm:

I saw 100 women just today that could have had something like that
happen to them .... except they were still hefty and up and around and
walking.

There will always be exceptions, but in the main, being overweight is a
personal discipline issue, and those with personal discipline issues would
most often rather have a hurt feeling than deal with their own lack of discipline.

The Gunny would have none of that nonsense.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration