Coupe changes from 1919-1923?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Coupe changes from 1919-1923?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 11:01 am:

Can anyone list off any of the coupe changes in these years? I think I see some variation in the door handles. Could someone post some closeup photos of the different handles?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 11:20 am:

Rick..changes are probably abundant. I would suggest you consult the encyclopedia link on this site. Or perhaps get Bruce McCallys book.."Model T Ford, the car that chaned the world"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 12:28 pm:

Rick maybe a better way to come at this question is to approach it by year specific. The bail handles were dropped maybe sometime in late 1920 or early 1921. The upper wood structure that was painted wood got metal covers late 21 or early 22 at about the same time as how the door windows were raised and lowered and latched to allow to be partly open unlike the earlier bodies that the door windows were ether open or closed(the qtr windows remained ether open all the way or closed using a strap). The gas tank may have been under the seat (need to check) in 1919 and at least the from 1921 up was the square tank in the trunk. Etc

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 02:15 pm:

Tim,
Actually I have been reading the encyclopedia link along with my copy of McCalley's book. For these years, at least in terms of the coupe body style, nothing much is listed beyond the metal cover over the upper wood structure (which I'm not particularly clear about in that description) along with the window sills. I hadn't seen anything (unless I missed it) about the handle changes or the way the windows opened. I just wanted to know if these was anything I was missing. McCalley notes that there were "minor" changes...."minor" may simply refer to changes in door handles (??) but it is an obvious detail that many of the folks on this board are certain to point out. Always educational.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration