Top Material

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Top Material
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 03:28 pm:

About ten years ago Steve Coniff and I approached Eric Haartz about reintroducing the original Ford Grain top material. Eric did a lot of research on that, and could not find any of the original rollers for the Ford Grain, however he did come up with the rollers that he is now using for the new TURF GRAIN, which has now been in production for about eight years. It is available from Langs and Macs, but they have both FAILED to discontinue calling the new Turf Grain Colonial! For anyone who doesn't know the difference, perhaps it isn't too confusing, but for those of us who know, it is confusing. I think it's time for Langs and Macs to start calling this material by it's proper name.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Husted on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 10:09 pm:

I talked to Eric Haartz about 5 years ago, about top material for my 1918 coupelet. He was able to supply the material to me with the same pattern as they supplied to Ford in 1918, I think he is in a position to know. The only difference being the new material is stronger and is harder to stretch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 10:36 pm:

What difference does it make? I've been trying to get people to quit calling the headlight doors "rims" for years. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration