Can anyone identify this wrench

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Can anyone identify this wrench
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 04:34 pm:

has 5/8" at 1 end and 5/8" and 7/16" at the other end, anyone know what this is for, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 04:49 pm:

Many early tractors had that type in their tool box, when I was a kid I drove a 1950 model JD and it had several wrenches like that in the tool box.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 07:11 pm:

I have several like that. They were sold in the days before ratchets became available, and continued to be sold afterwards too. Some of the ones I have are marked Herbrand, others K-D, some unmarked.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 07:48 pm:

That looks like a Blackhawk tool. If you clean it real good with a wire brush, you may see a name somewhere. But other companies also made a similar wrench Here is a link to a interesting read about Blackhawk tools. They were a major tool supplier during the T era ... scroll down and this tool is shown...

The tool could also be a Waldren Worcester tool. A lot of the early tools look alike...

http://alloy-artifacts.org/blackhawk-innovation.html

(Message edited by dobro1956 on January 21, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 11:34 pm:

Here is the Waldren Worcester companion link shown in the Blackhawk link that I posted above. Waldren has basically the same wrench. It is listed as Model T head bolt and several other bolts. They show it in an ad in the link. It is about the 4th photo in the Waldren story. It was to small a pic to copy and get any quality. Both companies were major suppliers of aftermarket tools for the Model Ts.

http://alloy-artifacts.org/walden-worcester.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 10:33 am:

Thank you, now that is pretty cool wrench, if any one wants one I will list on classifieds soon as I found quite a few, Bob

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration