Help

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Help
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 05:48 pm:

help out poor old charley. you boys from canadian. i need a copy of a parts book for a 1911 Russell knight mod 22. i know there is one as i have 3 pages copyed out of one. thanks a lot. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 12:24 pm:

still need that book. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 12:47 pm:

bodythis is the body i have to put on the Russell.i sold the stude. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 02:00 pm:

Charley, I didn't see that particular document here, but there is a lot of stuff, maybe you'll find something close?

http://www.wokr.org/library/library2.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steven miller on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 03:47 pm:

Have you tried here
http://www.historical-automobile-society.ca/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 04:11 pm:

The Horseless Carriage Foundation (not affiliated with the Horseless Carriage Club) and the AACA library may be able to help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 04:17 pm:

I second Gil's recommendation. Their website is:

www.hcfi.org

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 06:23 pm:

thanks but all duds. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 07:43 pm:

Charley,

Some parts would be unique to the car. But if you are looking for engine parts, if the Knight sleeve-valve engine was supplied or built under license, then it may be possible that the parts for the engine are described in other publications.

I suspect you will need to put out a search request with several of the folks. Such as the HCFI, Walter Miller's www.autolit.com; the AACA library; etc. And perhaps some of the larger automobile libraries might have something - The Detroit Public Library has a very large collection -- but I do not know if it includes non-USA cars or not.

The 2016 HCCA roster has 4 Russell Knight cars listed but none of them a Model 22. But you may want to follow up with them to see if they have any leads on where you might obtain the information you need.

Good luck with your search.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 08:54 pm:

You might try the National Automotive Historical Collection at the Detroit Public Library. Send an email to: nahc@detroitpubliclibrary.org

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 01:58 am:

There used to be a guy very close to here in Forbestown who specialized in Sleeve Valve engine rebuilding, even had new cylinder sleeves (valves) cast. I can't remember his name now! For that matter don't know if he's still alive even.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Saturday, February 04, 2017 - 03:05 pm:

still looking!!! charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, February 04, 2017 - 03:32 pm:

Click here::

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1920-Dykes-Automobile-Book-Ford-Model-T-Tractor-Truck-Mo torcycle-Steam-Electric-/291589860454?hash=item43e41c2c66:g:myMAAMXQlgtS1Y83&vxp =mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Saturday, February 04, 2017 - 05:08 pm:

thanks royce! but i have all of those.no help. charley

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration