Silly Brass Car Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Silly Brass Car Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 06:25 pm:

Seeing the excellent picture posted for a brass car fan assembly in the classifieds,

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/702715.html?1485036719

A question crossed my mind (I only own a '24, so I don't know a lot about the brass era cars).

The brass fan arm has the bump for the tensioner spring and a nub near the pivot bolt hole - does the nub under the pivot hole of the arm do anything? On black cars, there is a bolt on the cover plate that bears against that nub to provide the belt tension.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 06:47 pm:

You have to go back a long way to see what that Nub was originally for. 09-10 or so?There was a spring which fitted over that nub and it rested on a self on the early front cover. It didn't really last that long,but the nub carried over for quite sometime.On of the 15 engines I found,had one on it.(no idea as to originality)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 06:48 pm:

You have to go back a long way to see what that Nub was originally for. 09-10 or so?There was a spring which fitted over that nub and it rested on a self on the early front cover. It didn't really last that long,but the nub carried over for quite sometime.On one of the 15 engines I found,had one on it.(no idea as to originality)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 09:23 pm:

The nub was still in regular production at the end of 13. I own the earliest known 1915 touring (according to the registry that Hap Tucker is keeping) and it is a January car. It does not have the nub. That doesn't mean that no 15's had them... just that nub-less arms were in production by 15.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration