Individual MTFCA books vs just the Ford Service Manual

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Individual MTFCA books vs just the Ford Service Manual
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 08:08 pm:

Are the individual MTFCA books (engine, transmission, electrical system, axles) worth purchasing if you already have the Ford Service manual? Do they offer much more info on their own to warrant spending the extra cash?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 08:16 pm:

Yes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 08:16 pm:

Yes. I have both and the individual books compliment the Ford manual. Much better in depth explanations and photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 08:20 pm:

Im glad I purchased mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 08:37 pm:

Yes buy as many of the books as possible and join a club if there is one near you. Not one in my area so the books and the members help me keep my T s going. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 08:42 pm:

I have both and I use the books by the club more often than the manual. They are written with the mindset of the owner , while the manual was written with the mindset of the professional Ford mechanic. Both are useful
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 09:15 pm:

Yep. What they said.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 09:31 pm:

If you can scrounge up some of the videos, they help me alot. It is 1 thing to read it and look at a picture. But when you can see it being done,it helps.
I have a good many of the vhs videos, I want to get some of the 1's I am missing and would gladly swap with folks that have extras of what i don't have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 04:21 pm:

You will find out, that there are work, that are not described in Ford Service - partly because there are repairs you would do today, where the workshop just went to the parts department for a new part.
For example overhaul of a generator and adjustment is not described to the detail in Ford Service.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 04:48 pm:

Yes. I'm glad I have both. It's like having a second set of eyes with everything I've done so far.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration