OT - BJ Auction Model A

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - BJ Auction Model A
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 10:11 pm:

Just saw a 1929 Model A sell on a Barrett-Jackson auction for $97k. Looked like someone would be hard-pressed to find any parts on it that were from 1929.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 11:11 pm:

Some men prefer the company of other men.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 11:26 pm:

BJ auction total citrus I been and won't go again
Only auction I've been to were it's hard to follow who has the bid and at what price plus be my guess alot of " money laundering "
As car bringing far more the market value yes this be possible to happen but impossible to happen car after car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 12:12 am:

What body style?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 12:20 am:

I visited the Barrett Jackson auction a few years ago and had a terrific time walking through the cars and watching the people. I saw the Batmobile for probably the 6th or 7th time in my life. Fatty Arbuckles car was there as were hundreds, maybe even thousands of other interesting cars. One room was full of old gasolina, quite a bit of neon and a lot of other shiny doodads I seldom get a chance to see. I bought souvenirs, joined the National Corvette Restorers Club and ate more than I should have. The next time I go to Phoenix, if the auction is once again in Scottsdale, I'll go back again. My only regret was that I'm not "well to do" enough to attend the auction room floor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 12:44 am:

What body style?

-------------------

MALE !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 03:38 am:

It was a coupe, I believe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 08:20 am:

Thank you Burger for the commentary, very insightful. Are you gonna follow up with your wonderful quip abut once seeing a friend eating his own stool? That one is crackerjack

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 07:56 am:

I hope that the trend continues!

Thinking about the old saying "if the top goes down, the price goes up" must make my 29 Roadster worth 110k... Of course this is a super rare "barn find" and they are only original once, so round that up to $125k and we have a deal! Any suckers...oops I meant discriminating collectors out there?

All fun aside, this had to be an anomaly where two large egos with larger wallets and little thought had a pissing contest, and I would also have to think alcohol was involved too. I've always enjoyed attending large high quality auctions if for no other reason than learning something, but I don't think that these car auctions have any more reality than television shows these days.

Just my opinion

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 09:31 am:

Anybody have a lot number or link on this car so we can see what is being discussed?

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Erfert on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 11:52 am:

There was a 1928 model A at the auction that hand model T parts (left hand brake lever) and looked good. Don't know what it sold for but nice to look at with a little history from the beginning of the A Fords and left over T parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 11:55 am:

Richard,

The early left hand brake Model A's did not use Model T brake levers. They were specifically Model A levers, just not used very long.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eyssen - Abilene TX on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 06:05 pm:

Howard: You can get on the BJ website and see all the cars and the price paid.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 08:37 pm:

There was on Sunday 30/1 pickup with a racer on a period trailer sold for $70k

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 08:39 pm:

There was on Sunday 30/1 pickup with a racer on a period trailer sold for $70k

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration