New BrassWorks Radiator

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: New BrassWorks Radiator
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Adey (The Woodlands TX) on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 10:13 am:

There has been some negative press about BrassWorks radiators lately. I sympathize with those that have had issues. That said, I recently purchased a new flat tube radiator for my ’14 after struggling with overheating after even short rides. The product came very well packed and fit well after some minor flaring at the base. The “fins” on the front are noticeably thinner and do bend very easily – so will have to be careful not to hit or bend them. I assume this thinner material is for better heat transfer. At any rate, after install all my overheating issues are gone. If you are on the fence, the grass is pretty green – and heck – the old rad looks pretty grand on my wall of fame!

“Happy Motoring” – Humble Oil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 03:47 pm:

Brassworks has been around for a long time, and served the hobby very well. Unfortunately, ownership has changed a time or two, and new owners haven't taken the effort to maintain the old reputation. Very sad indeed.
Thank you Peter A. It is nice to see a good report these days. I hope Brassworks gets their act together, and fixes their problems. It would please me very much if they could get their reputation and place in the hobby back to where it used to be. But they will have to DO that.

I think I will borrow Gene French's favorite closing. "Always an optimist"! (Even though, sadly, I am not)
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, south of the border on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 08:06 pm:

This Brassworks story is not T-related.

I recently ordered a new radiator for my 1941. A previous owner had installed a 1940 radiator that looks similar but is non pressurized, lower, and has a smaller top tank.

While at the Motor Muster, I managed to take photos of correct cars and Brassworks also accessed the original print. I am delighted with their work. It fits, it cools, it pressurizes to four pounds and it's almost impossible to tell it's not original Ford. It does have their manufacturer's tag and ironically, it's dated December 7th.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 10:47 pm:

Mine came well packed and looked pretty too. I loved it until it started leaking and leaking and leaking. The grass ain't so green any more.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration