Rubes horn what year?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Rubes horn what year?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 03:24 pm:

Today I saved a horn it was being buffed and I guess they gave up. At one time it was black, all parts of it are brass has inside mount, short hose no reed, our 1912 the reed is at the horn. does the reed mount at the bulb. I found a horn for a friends 13 same look but half of the horn was made of steel and the brass ring went over the the edge, attached with screws.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 03:29 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 03:32 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 03:37 pm:

Thank you Ed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clay Atkins on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 06:16 pm:

I have one in same condition. What all is missing? Reed and bulb?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 06:34 pm:

What is missing is every thing north of the steering column mount, my guess is the reed holder the reed and the bulb. The early horns around here and there are not very many all have the reed at the horn this looks like the reed goes at the bulb end. Cheers Colin

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration