Ford in Ireland

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Ford in Ireland
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clay Atkins on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 09:12 pm:

Went to Ireland last Aug.
While we were there we visited the area where Henry Ford parents were from. It was 20 miles from where my ancestors were from and they came to the USA about the same time. Along the highway they had this Life size Stainless steel model T in honor of the Ford connection to Ireland. The Ford family has visited the site on several occasions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 09:22 pm:

I like the fact that it hasn't been vandalized. Is it in a park open to the public at all times?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 03:12 am:

Yes, It's right next to the road on the corner of two streets. Next to it is the Ford Bar which was closed when I was there recently. It was heavy rain the day I went to visit but still looked really nice like the picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 07:55 am:

And DeLorean thought he was first in S.S. cars!!
Sure don't have to worry about flats but I bet the ride is pretty hard. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 08:10 am:

What county, town in Ireland?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 08:21 am:

It's in Ballinascarty, County Cork, Ireland.

http://goo.gl/28Eeoi

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clay Atkins on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 08:27 am:

Couldn't believe how clean it was in Southern Ireland. Didn't see trash laying about like parts of USA. We drove for miles and couldn't seem to locate a barn. While we made a pit stop I asked a man if they had barns, and he replied that they build out of site from the motorways to keep a clean look.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 08:53 am:

I once owned a Irish Fordson tractor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 12:49 pm:

My wife has a daughter that lives there in a historic thatched roof cottage in Ardmore.

Beautiful country but Narrow roads and the people drive on the Wrong side of the road or was that ME... Quite an experience and a fun time.

My Carrothers roots have some Orange color to them so we have fun fighting between us LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 10:26 pm:

Silly question perhaps Clay. Did you find any relations?
Ireland is way up on my bucket list but I have no relatives on a namesake peninsula nor the namesake distillery up in County Louth.
Some time ago, they kicked my relations the he!! out. We're the nicest people, trust me... ;-)
VERY interesting display and thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 10:26 pm:

Neat, thank you for sharing. Will have to look for it when we make a trip that way sometime.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration