Is This Really For A Model T ??????

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Is This Really For A Model T ??????
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Sebaugh in Jackson, Missouri on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 09:21 pm:

Is this front ski attachment in the pictures really for a Model T? I found a good complete set (a lot better than the one in the picture) and was wanting to know before I sunk any money into them. They are for 7/8 to 1 1/8 inch axle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 09:28 pm:

Probably not for any car, I would guess they're for a horse drawn carriage - maybe to replace wheels during wintertime?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 09:30 pm:

Personally, I really doubt it's for a T. Looks way too light for a car, even a T. Plus, not seeing how it would attach. Looks more "buggy" to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 10:08 pm:

I agree, too light for a car. The clamps appear too small for a Model T axle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 10:26 pm:

Those are sleigh bobs for a buggy, carriage, light wagon, etc.

You need four for your horse drawn vehicle.

Not rare up here in Minnesota.

(Message edited by Erik_johnson on January 22, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 07:04 am:

Erik is correct, just pull the wheels off your horse drawn vehicle and clamp these runners on the spindles. There is a old/used set of (4) on ebay for like 7-8 hundred bucks, CRAZY !!! I bought a complete NOS set down at The Waverly Horse Sale bout' 20 years ago (still have them) for $150.00 Put these on a automobile and you must have a "death wish !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 09:37 am:

No danger of me using them. I wouldn't risk damaging my spindles with skis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 10:54 am:

As I indicated, those are not rare here in Minnesota. I've seen many sets over the years.

I've seen them on farms, at swap meets and estate sales, at auctions, in antique stores, etc.

They regularly show up on Minneapolis Craigslist. For example:

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/atq/5911132613.html

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/atq/5960565881.html

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration