First woman millionaire(By her own endeavers)-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: First woman millionaire(By her own endeavers)-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 09:57 pm:

Someone sent me a list of historic first photo.
This one was part of it:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 01:00 am:

Truly an amazing woman who died at age 51.

Her real name was Sarah Breedlove.

" Orphaned at the age of seven, Sarah moved to Vicksburg, Mississippi, at the age of ten and worked as a domestic. " .....

Read about Sarah here:

@ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madam_C._J._Walker

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 07:58 am:

Probably died so young from blood poisoning from all the "makeup chemicals" leaching through her skin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 12:42 pm:

I wonder how many millionaires drove Fords in that era?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 12:54 pm:

Net worths of successful individuals back then were exaggerated, just as they are today.

According to the Wikipedia article, her net worth was an estimated $600,000 at the time of death. Two years earlier, she also stated that she wasn't a millionaire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 12:56 pm:

Erik,

"...she also stated that she wasn't a millionaire."

Lots of millionaires say that!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 02:07 pm:

Jerry, true. I find that the more people "have", the more they say they don't have! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 02:40 pm:

Erik,

Reading the entire article - what this person did was amazing given being a black woman in that time period.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 06:23 pm:

Very interesting post! I like! That was one VERY "driven to succeed" lady.

I'd also like to see a better picture of how that non-demountable spare is supported on that touring car. Looks like wire or is it a handy bracket?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 08:37 pm:

More amazing still, I am neither black, a woman, OR a millionaire !

I'll be signing autographs in the lobby after the show.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 08:50 pm:

Herb, That was a interesting photo. Jim, I read the whole story about Sara. We have to give her credit !!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration