Fitting dual exhaust manifold.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Fitting dual exhaust manifold.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 02:18 am:

I have finished building the exhaust system for my roadster, using a rolling chassis with motor fitted as a fitting mule. It has no firewall, so I was measuring up my 25 roadster to see how much trimming I might need to do.

The steering column is lowered and moved to the outside, so it clears that. Then the thought occurred to me that the rest of the fitting is the same as you LHD fellows have to cope with, so the question is does the metal firewall on a 25 T need any trimming to fit the manifold?

The manifold casting had the moulding seams rather roughly ground, so I re-finished those with an angle grinder to get rid of the irregularities and then used a well worn burr in my die grinder over the area to get rid of the grinding marks. If you hold the die grinder loosely and let it bounce a bit, the resulting finish is much like the heavy blasting finish on the original casting.

I'll await your collective wisdom before getting started on the fitting.

Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration