Pressing Clutch Spring for Removal

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Pressing Clutch Spring for Removal
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 09:11 am:

Found a new use for the cast iron wheel puller ... to compress the clutch spring for removing the pin.

spring

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 11:06 am:

You can also make a compressor from a couple of junk hub plates.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Art Wilson on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 01:43 pm:

Hi Mark,
I like your method of using a wheel puller for compressing the clutch spring. I'm kinda jealous that I didn't think of it.
Thanks for sharing it with us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 02:05 pm:

Ditto, Mark - I have a couple pullers that the first 1/4" thread is buggered up - going into my tool box as such even though I have a spring compressor !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 02:48 pm:

I've seen those arbor presses, but have never used one. Does it have any advantage over a hydraulic press besides it fitting on a table top versus taking up floor space?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 04:42 pm:

I don't have a hydraulic press ... but if I did .. I would use it along with the cast iron wheel puller. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer --- Klaaswaal NL on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 07:44 am:

Another Home made clutch spring compressor.
507M
509M
Toon

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration