Ot--timing chain

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Ot--timing chain
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN BEVARDOS on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 02:27 pm:

Hi Guys , working on a 1927 whippet 96 that needs a timing chain. Seem to be made from unobtanium.Any leads on a source will help.

thanks
john

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 02:37 pm:

Did you look at a Morse drive catalog? Assuming it's a silent chain, they may have made it. Just guessing. Dave in Bellingham,WA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 02:42 pm:

I don't know if this will help... but at least here we will try.....

Willys Parts For Sale
Willys Whippet Parts

1929 WILLYS WHIPPET 96A,,TRANSMISSION ,, ENGINE PARTS,,VACUUM TANK,,REAR WHEELS,,STEERING BOX ,WOVEN BRAKE LINING SOLD BY THE FOOT ,,HEADLIGHT LENS AND MISC PARTS NO BODY PARTS
call Don (716) 824 2292
Buffalo, NY

Click Here to Email Seller

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 03:10 pm:

Egge should be able to supply bulk chain- most of them are just center guide timing chain. Morse is one vendor of this type of chain. It uses a master link similar to roller chain. I can help if you need new sprockets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 08:18 pm:

John, Have you visited the WOKR (Willys Overland Knight Registry) website. Tremendous amount of information available for the Whippet. Get the CD for the Whippet if you haven't. Sold mine a couple years ago. Kinda wish I hadn't but can only support so many.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN BEVARDOS on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 09:18 am:

Thanks to all who responded---headed in the right direction!!

thanks
John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 07:07 am:

Another source is a fellow named Tom at Then and Now Automotive in Weymouth, Massachusetts. He has helped me many times with parts for my Chandlers.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration