Are there any other forums worth frequenting?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Are there any other forums worth frequenting?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 08:23 pm:

I ust want to make sure I'mnot missing out on any other good sources for info (or car sales ads). Are there any other model T forums worth frequenting?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 08:32 pm:

I like spend time at "smoke stak"
It mostly hit miss and antique tractorshops
But the have several forums steam cars hit miss and antiques magneto ectopic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 09:01 pm:

I check the Early Ford and the HCCA forums every morning, but they don't get nearly the traffic that this forum does.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 09:26 pm:

Depends on what you want .... women's fashion, electrical engineering, sword swallowing ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 09:36 pm:

If you do facebook Model T Ford Club Of Facebook has a lot of interesting forums and items for sale.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 09:45 pm:

Yes, the Facebook club is a good one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 09:53 pm:

I'm on the Facebook page. It is great. I enjoy the old photos, as I do here as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 10:39 am:

Fordbarn.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 11:23 am:

The Barn is OK with many posters from this site but as mentioned it's activity doesn't hold a candle to this one. The Facebook page is cool too but I was personally unimpressed. A lot of unfamiliar names there so you might get something new out of it. ( a lot of restomods). Don't know what the MTFCI site is like now as I haven't been there in months but again in the past it's activity level was almost nil. To paraphrase the saying on my last Pizza box: "You'll try the rest but stick with the best" which is here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 11:25 am:

The MTFCI site no longer has a forum because of the lack of activity.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 11:50 am:

The lack of activity on the MTFCI forum was their own doing. You had to pay if you wanted to see the extra documentation pages and the menus and navigation blew a big vacuum. (Sucked) They tried to make it free and failed miserably leaving some pages requiring log-in and others not. It wasn't the place to go if you wanted info. It's no wonder it died a slow death.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 03:14 pm:

The Model T Club of Facebook, being on FB, gets a lot of younger folks who are new to T's or aspire to get one. There are also experienced old timers who know their stuff, but they're a smaller percentage of the population there than here. For some of the technical questions I often post a link to this forum. There are a couple of other Model T groups on FB that are less active. Jim Starkey's prewar speedster group is VERY active, and some neat videos turn up there. He runs a very tight ship, and guys who try to post T-buckets and rat rods get the bum's rush.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 03:28 pm:

I follow this forum for My Model T and Ford Barn for my Model A.
The Ford Barn Model T section is slow but the Model A section is very active.
When I got my A they were able to tell me within a few months when the body was manufactured - even though the motor had been changed, gave me pages of info that helped me thru a motor problem, and have been encouraging as I have been struggling thru a few other issues. .

I also frequent SigTalk for good political discussions and my info about other hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 03:50 pm:

What about the publication? Vintage Ford vs Model T Times?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 04:07 pm:

I've never looked at the Facebook Model T site until today. It seemed pretty good. I look at the Hudson forum and Old IHC.com forum. They are good but slow, you need to ask questions way ahead of time. Here if you have a question you can get an answer in a few minutes, I guess because there are lots of Model T's. I see Model T's occasionally. The only Hudson I've ever seen on the roads around here is the dashboard of mine while I'm driving and you can't just flip through a catalog and order practically any part for it brand new.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 08:18 pm:

Based on this thread, I joined the Facebook Model T site, but so far all I see is a stream of cars for sale, is that all it is?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 08:53 pm:

Mainly, from what I've seen...the Facebook page is about half-and-half cars for sale and old photos. I follow it for both reasons.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 09:29 pm:

The MTFC of FB also gets questions on technical issues, with similar long discussions on what kind of oil, how many volts, etc. There are guys who know their stuff, but not as many as here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 10:39 pm:

Being new to Model T's, I've spent time here and on the FB group.

Of the two, this is certainly the better place to learn.

Between the two however, I get my daily fix on T's....until I get to bring my Touring home in a couple weeks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 11:50 pm:

Only ones that Booger doesn't frequent!

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 12:04 am:

I have avoided Facebook for years. I have other things to do than social media. I only recently joined to see a few things that are only available there. As a rookie, I can barely navigate it. I find that trying to view the model T Facebook club subjects you to more annoying ads than interesting content. I suppose there may be a way around them the FB people know about. I prefer this forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 03:31 am:

No.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 08:28 am:

I like Jim Starkeys speedster site if your into speedsters. He moderates this site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 08:29 am:

Easy to post pictures on the Facebook site. I like it and this site.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration