Childless Act Old Photos Time to leave this forum

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Childless Act Old Photos Time to leave this forum
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 09:52 pm:

Different posters gave their opinions on what they would like to see regarding Old Photos. So what happenes Jay Post 20 some photos? Jay I would think a man of your age would not have responded in such a childish manner or has to much time on his hands or just doesn't understand we all have are opinions what a way to screw up a good thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 09:55 pm:

Huh ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 10:14 pm:

hay!!!!!!!!!! leave jay alone. he wasnt the one that posted those pics. jay is the best!!!! charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 10:28 pm:

"Different posters"? Huh? Since when does a few, speak for many? If the club or a few of its members wants to regulate what can or cannot be posted on the forum, put the question on a ballot like the club does every year when Directors are elected. At least then, the yea or nay votes might be somewhat representative and scientific.

As far as name calling goes, it serves no useful purpose; it only shows the character of the poster. I think this Forum has a policy of removing posts that attack or have name calling in them. I know our moderator is planning to be away from his computer in a few days, but Chris B., if you are still home, I hope you'll take a look at this!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 10:31 pm:

If you're talking about the large number of photos showing up all at once recently, even though Jay was the original poster he didn't do that. Another person did a "Btt", "Back to top" for reasons I failed to understand.

We love Jay's Old Photo posts. I hope he doesn't take offense to your comment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 10:40 pm:

For what it's worth, posts to the "photo album" thread, four were in favor of a separate category for old photos, fourteen were in favor of keeping things as they are. The rest were either neutral or irrelevant. I'd say that's a pretty fair reflection of member opinion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 10:47 pm:

Gee Sam, did you accidentally press send or you always this crabby?

Jay's contribution to this forum is legendary, and appreciated by most if not all.

You might take a bit of your own advice:

"I would think a man of your age would not have responded in such a childish manner or has to much time on his hands or just doesn't understand we all have are opinions what a way to screw up a good thing."

Bye then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 11:01 pm:

It's not time for anyone to leave this forum. Not you nor anyone else. Tomorrow morning, sip a cup of coffee and see how you feel.
Many different opinions. Quite often.
Much the same goal. Even more often.
The beloved/ubiquitous model T Ford.
I even feel like I perhaps belong here. See my profile pic.
Do I belong? Nope, according to my tastes.
We are on a learning journey. All of us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 11:01 pm:

I suspect the person that did all the bttt's may be getting the response he was hoping for. It and this thread were both uncalled for in my humble opinion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 11:12 pm:

Some days threads like this provide some darn good entertainment. I mean, after all, this is becoming a pretty long winter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 11:15 pm:

I didn't remember the original pictures, thus I didn't know that someone had "bumped" so many of Jay's pictures back to the top. Could it be that this perpetrator knew this would irritate someone and and did it intentionally? Personally, I just thought that Jay had hit the Mother Lode or Holy Grail of Model T photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 11:44 pm:

Terry, If someone did something like that, his last post might look something like this:

By T6@ XXXXXX - South of 6^&8#X on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 01:09 pm:
Bttt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 11:51 pm:

seems like there was a complainer about that last year?
I have never thought it a problem. if you don't want to see it,don't clic on it. DUH
I hope they don't stop myself, alot of them I would never see anywhere else.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 11:54 pm:

The perp for the giant bump of old photos is Tim Rogers. Ask him directly
what his point for doing so was. It would not be his first recent pot-stirring
action taken on this forum, IF that was his intention. Remember the holier-
than-thou thread ?

As for the shit-dump on Jay, I think it's time old Sam steps back from the
crack pipe. WTF ????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 09:05 am:

I love the pictures and look forward to them. Anyone who has the time to complain about them would be better off using that time playing with their Ford!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 09:11 am:

Looks like old man winter is getting the best of some of you guys up north. Hang tough guys, Spring is coming.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 09:13 am:

Hey Will,

Can I talk you into taking me fishing ... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 10:07 am:

Jay, Keep the pics coming. I also thought the large amount of bttt postings was a lame "pot stirring" attempt. Some of the pics posted (by Jay or other posters) are just nice to look at, and have little personal interest to me. Then there are the pictures like the recent Mt Gayler in Arkansas photo Jay posted that has real meaning and a lot of memories for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Addington on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 10:09 am:

Seems pretty simple to me. If you don't want to see the pictures don't open them, just move on down to the next post that interests you. For me, I enjoy seeing them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 10:25 am:

WOW! Someone didn't have their prune juice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 10:32 am:

And I vote for Dennis as our resident comedian! Good one Dennis. LOL.

Like I said earlier, cabin fever, except Sam's down south where it's warm so maybe it's too much sun?

I for one love the old photos. Don't click on 'em if you don't want to see 'em. So now it should be case closed, and this thread too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 10:42 am:

Goodbye Sam!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 10:54 am:

Jay & Others, please keep posting the pics! jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 11:31 am:

Anybody got pics from the Knoxville TN area with a '21 Touring? Could be my car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 11:49 am:

Ok everyone, Now smile!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 11:51 am:

Did that help? Maybe you need a little more coaxing? Now smile!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 11:53 am:

Good job Will! My T's never seem to work as a babe magnet, in fact, the exact opposite...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 11:56 am:

Will, I love Jay and Herbs pics buddy but I really like yours!!!.SMILING!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 12:10 pm:

Will..they got me smiling! Jerry,..Pete, my '12 Comm. RPU is definitely a chick magnet!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 12:19 pm:

thank you jay and the others that post the old pics. its the main reason i visit the site. they are all labeled, so if its of no interest to you, dont look!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 12:24 pm:

About the only show I ever go to anymore is the Thursday night cruise in at the Palm Bay mall the third thursday of every month. I have more women that want to sit in my car than guys. What brings a big smile to my face is when the children get in it and sound the two horns I have on my car. Kodak moments every time! Every once in awhile I will give rides around the parking lot, Those lucky few never forget it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 12:27 pm:

According to Rich B., a total of four members were in favor of a separate section for old photos. I have yet to see them post against these pictures on this thread, supporting Sam, so where did they go?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 12:29 pm:

Hmmm, you don't suppose it's the guy sitting behind the wheel that has my cars deflecting girls do you?

Really don't need any more girls, got one that I'm gonna hang on to till the end. Still, if one saunters up to my car to have a look, I wouldn't shoo her away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 12:29 pm:

I personally love the old photos. Gives me a view of America i'll never see. Like the new photos too, all my T attracts is the dogs down the street. Ugh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 01:17 pm:

Jay's photos ALWAYS tell that they are an old photo right in the title. You don't want to look? Don't look! Is that so hard?

Something else I've never understood. Why do people come on here after getting pissed off about something and make some big announcement that they are leaving? You wanna leave? LEAVE! I ain't a gonna miss you. You make some big announcement about it, I'm gonna assume you don't really WANT to leave. I'm gonna assume you are looking for a pity party. And I guess it works sometimes. Someone will usually try to talk 'em out of it. And that's probably what they REALLY want anyway. Of course, few stay gone for long anyway. So take a break. However long you like.

If I get pissed and leave, rest assured you won't hear an announcement from me. If for no other reason, I wouldn't want to give 2-3 specific people the pleasure of knowing it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 02:08 pm:

I enjoy seeing most of the pictures, I just wish the posters would indicate where the picture came from.

Sometimes there is a picture posted that I want to know more about, and knowing the source would help to track down the story to go along with the photo. Granted most are really easy to find, but there have a few that took awhile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 02:10 pm:

The 50's and 60's cars I have are nothing short of man magnets. All sorts of
dudes appear to talk numbers-matching BS, or tell of the same (but different)
car THEY had, or just to spew tech. Female interest is a RARE occurrance.

The T truck, on the other hand, attracts lots of those girl-style people, often
20's - 30's age women with kids. I think the non-macho factor of the spindly old
vehicle has something to do with it, but so many comment about it being a truck
and how they never see trucks of this age, I think that has something to do with
it as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 02:25 pm:

This has to be the ultimate best automotive forum ever, and Jay's and Herb"s photos are a major part of it. They form a connection from today's hobby to a time when our toys were a a part of everyday existence as well as being a history lesson on many topics. Please don't even think about stopping them or putting them somewhere else.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 02:49 pm:

The photos are what keeps this forum active.

Splintering a forum into too many separate categories is a sure fire way to decrease activity.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 02:56 pm:

I wasn't going to comment on this but just had to. I wonder if the perp meant "Childish" instead of "Childless" in the title of the thread?

As an amateur semanticist -- as well as author, editor, proofreader and teacher -- I just want to point out that there is a considerable difference between "Child LESS" and "Child ISH."

"Childless" is an adult who has not fathered or gestated an offspring.

"Childish" is a description of immature behavior such as a child would adhere to. Temper tantrums, pouting, threats, name calling, hiding from the authority who offended them, etc.

Just thought I'd clear that up even tho nobody asked.

English is an interesting language as I am sure many others are. I just don't happen to speak those and haven't studied anything but English.

Also, since I DO have an opinion and am usually more than willing to share it, I love Jay's photos as well as the ones posted by Herb, others and myself. Other than that I seldom read threads in the forum anymore because --- ah you know why and I have to get back to the shop. Just came in for coffee after a long phone call.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesse L. Ashcraft on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 03:13 pm:

>>>For what it's worth, posts to the "photo album" thread, four were in favor of a separate category.<<<

OK, I'll be number 5. Maybe the moderators can make some new categories to help clean up the front page. In addition to Classified, a couple new thread categories:

- Old photos January, February etc.
- Off Topic or General discussion

Might make the front page easier to navigate for problems, advice, tips and tricks.

(Message edited by jesselashcraft on January 24, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 03:19 pm:

Stan,

Sam used both words, maybe he was trying to cover all the bases. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 03:34 pm:

That is why my comment stated: In the TITLE of the thread.

I wonder if the perp meant "Childish" instead of "Childless" in the title of the thread?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 03:44 pm:

Stan - I heard that a picture is worth an thousand words, therefore - for clarity sake - could you supply a picture of Childish and Childless?

At 1,000 words per picture, Jay must hold the "WORD record" in this forum.
Keep it coming Jay!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 04:35 pm:

Stan,

"That is why my comment stated: In the TITLE of the thread."

Yes, I know that.

"I wonder if the perp meant "Childish" instead of "Childless" in the title of the thread?"

I'm sure that's the case.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 05:20 pm:

Keep the pics, please. I LOVE them. Especially the "then and now" comparisons.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 05:38 pm:

I have always liked the pics and hope Jay continues posting them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 05:55 pm:

As mentioned above, the old photos often lead into much deeper threads about
the cars, details for certain years that are shown, etc .... very relevant stuff that
would otherwise be lost to the general forum if set aside in a photos-only album.

I don't really care which way it goes, ... I will follow the photos. The other "subject
matter only" posts are often of no interest to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 06:09 pm:

Can somebody pass the popcorn ... some butter too please.

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 07:36 pm:

"Might make the front page easier to navigate for problems, advice, tips and tricks."

I don't know how you can make this forum any easier to navigate. New posts move to the top and every thread is shown.

I like browse buffet style, not off the sub-menus.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Martin, Sydney Australia on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 10:45 pm:

I like the Forum just like it is....please leave it alone. I read what interests me and ignore the rest, perhaps everyone should do the same.

Peter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 10:52 pm:

Splitting the forum into sub-subjects, has been discussed before. But, we are an eclectic group. And thread drift is something we are good at. Old photos become accessory threads, become advice threads. Technical questions get punctuated with old photos. OTs often drift back to Ts. Our back porch is as related to model Ts as anything in the world.
I can't imagine how we could divide this up, and have it work half as well as it does.
But that is my opinion.

Hal D, Goodbye. (That is just so in case I don't have the opportunity to say that later. But I do hope you stick around for a long time yet.) :-)
Do drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 11:03 pm:

Hal D. wasn't saying that he was thinking about leaving. He just was saying ,'don't announce your intentions, just leave. I guess that should include, 'don't let the doorknob hit you in your kiester when you leave'.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 11:29 pm:

Hey Will,

After you posted those images .....

I have had a change of heart about what I would
like to " fish " for ...... :-)

Fishing Jim
Formerly Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 12:28 am:

OK, I also wasn't going to post, but now I will;
I visit this forum using a computer whose connection to the internet is a land line, sharing information at the lightning speed of 33KB--yes, 33KB not even 56KB and certainly not 5MB. Still, I will often look at the photos even though it takes about 5 minutes on average to download one picture.
I LIKE the forum the way it is. If I don't think I have time to look, I don't open it. Problem solved.
Everyone: this is a wonderful forum, filled with wonderful people--although as Dennis noted, sometimes we don't drink our prune juice!
:-)
Hey FJ, what would you do if you caught one of those "fish?" Careful what you wish for!
(another great thing here, we can tease each other!)
Remember, give a man a fish and he can eat for a day, Teach a man how to fish, and he'll spend the rest of his days sitting in a boat, drinking beer.
Carry on!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 01:04 am:

David,

Great thoughts - sorry for your slow computer speed.

I would most likely not " catch " any of the " fish " Will has been kind enough to furnish images of .....

But a guy can dream ....:-)

Fishing Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lenney Glenn on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 05:49 am:

LEAVE THIS FORUM AS IT NOW IS. It cant be easier to navigate. I love being able to view the forum for an entire year with just one scroll. No sub menus, log ins or other crap to confuse a 78 year old computer illiterate model T'er. I read all the posts over my morning cup of coffee. Keep the photos coming. If you look beyond the photos subject you can see real life 100 years back.Lenney

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 07:35 am:

Terry,

The one I like is, "Don't let the door hit you where the Good Lord split you.":-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 09:11 am:

David,

"Remember, give a man a fish and he can eat for a day, Teach a man how to fish, and he'll spend the rest of his days sitting in a boat, drinking beer."

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesse L. Ashcraft on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 09:23 am:

>>>I don't know how you can make this forum any easier to navigate.<<<

That's why I posted, Dan. I am all about helping out.

I'm not saying ban old pictures from the forum. I'm recommending giving them their own place for the same reason they isolate the classifieds from the front page. It makes a thread from a month ago a little easier to find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 10:35 am:

Christina needs to make her 2017 appearance. Will Copeland's second picture above got me thinking that something was missing from the 2017 Forum...and concluded it was a Christina picture. Maybe Bill Vanderburg will read this and post one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 10:41 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 10:45 am:

God bless you Jay - you just made my year!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 10:48 am:

Tommy, I don't know of a 21 touring in the Knoxville, area, Jim Eubanks may know of one.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 11:00 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 11:03 am:

Jay,

You seem to have these photos quite readily available. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 11:29 am:

A guy could hurt himself on those curves.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 11:31 am:

Was wondering if anyone still had the Christina deuce-and-a-half pictures - Jay saves the day again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 11:38 am:

Disgusting. Mysoginistic. In poor taste. Please show another.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 11:34 am:

WOW, thanks guys for all the wonderful comments. You want to get your name all over the forum, just give your opinion or misspell a word. First of all I was wrong and admit it, and have apologized to Jay for my statement. Thanks to Jerry Van for bringing it to my attention that it was Tim Rogers South of the Adirondacks that that posted the blitz pictures that were originally posted by Jay. I have been in the Model T hobby for over 50 years and we did not have a forum as this to go to for help. I love this forum, but it saddens me when your ask for help or give an opinion you get a smart as answer from some, instead of help you need. The new guys deserve better. Older guys? life is to short to worry. God Bless. P.S. I do love old pictures. Sam Mendenhall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 12:02 pm:

I was about to call 911

As Red Fox always said Lizabeth I am having the big one!!

I was setting in m,y favorite Burger p;ace and something happened and I told one of the girls you better call 911 as I having the big one and some little brat down the counter way said "Thank aint funny" and turned out the kid was a bit handicapped!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 12:56 pm:

Hey Sam,

Looking at your profile - you have been around Model T's longer than most.

Your thread had unintended consequences - beautiful ladies to brighten up all of our days .... :-)

Stick around .....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Williamson on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 01:15 pm:

I really enjoy this forum, I lurk every day, I seldom post. Sam has to be a stand up guy, based on his response. The only real disappoint I find on this forum, is the type of response some posts receive. I think we all, at times say things that we don't think through well. Sometimes those post receive blistering responses, almost hateful. I really look forward to the technical knowledge shared by many members on this forum, that has the most unkind responses of any posting, that is really related to our forum. When I read the most heated responses, I wonder if we were face to face, would we talk to each other in the same manner, I doubt it. We all benefit from shared knowledge, both technical and information shared by people, who have very unmolested cars, and the passion to learn and share that, the correctness of our restorations depends on that shared knowledge. I you write that post with any anger, wait until tomorrow, you might say it differently

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 01:29 pm:

Unfortunately, fewer and fewer seem to want an unmolested car. It doesn't seem to be important to a lot of folks anymore. As long as it LOOKS like a Model T, anything underneath the sheet metal is fair game.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 01:30 pm:

Richard,

Your "wait to post" advice is certainly valid. Several times I've wished I had done just that. Hope this isn't one of those times :-)

Thing is, even though we all share a common interest, we're still individuals, with differences inherent to our species. Really, compared to other arenas of life, we do pretty good here. Still, there are times... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 02:22 pm:

LOL :-) Youze guys are funny ! How is anyone to interpret this, other that to think
someone is either drunk or just looking to stir up trouble ?

===================

By Sam Mendenhall on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 09:52 pm:
Different posters gave their opinions on what they would like to see regarding Old Photos. So what happenes Jay Post 20 some photos? Jay I would think a man of your age would not have responded in such a childish manner or has to much time on his hands or just doesn't understand we all have are opinions what a way to screw up a good thing.

====================

As someone who once spent a fair amount of time putting cuffs on the belligerent,
this kind of verbiage screams of tottering malcontents being pushed out the door
at closing time. The wrongly initiated attack on Jay and the "childless/childish"
choice of words ... what does anyone expect the groups' reaction to be ?

Sam has made his half-assed apology/explanation and I guess we're now supposed
to feel bad for reacting to his incindiary slam on what many of us come to the forum
for ? Sorry, not interested. Try again. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis R on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 03:05 pm:

Ok, It is time to put this thread out of its misery! Every day its near the top of the forum. Perhaps it should be renamed "OT-More whine please" Maybe we need two new thread headings. one for pictures and another one for "sniveling", or maybe "Grumpy Old Men".

Whaaaaa!

And BTT it goes!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 03:15 pm:

Geez, Give Sam A break! Old people are aloud to have senior moments once in a while. You wouldn't raze your grandpa for a petty misjudgement, would you? Life's to short for ill will. I took no offense to the post....It was a misunderstanding...period. Time to move on!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 04:33 pm:

Burger,

That's out of line. What's half-assed about saying he's wrong and admitting it? I'm not sure I recall you ever doing the same.

If Jay's not offended, why should you be?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 04:35 pm:

Burger,

"How is anyone to interpret this, other that to think someone is either drunk or just looking to stir up trouble?"

Yes, you do make me think that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 04:36 pm:

Yeah, but with the photos Jay posted above, gee, would be a shame to let this thread die. . . .
(Linda just went off to work, so it's safe for me to post this! )
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 04:44 pm:

Jay,

My favorite image on this thread is the last black & white you posted of the three ladies ....

The expression of the guy on the right seems to be saying .....

" But I have a Speedster Ladies " ..... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 04:48 pm:

Hannibal ad portas...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 04:51 pm:

There's a guy on the right? Oh yeah, look at that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 06:39 pm:

The black and white photo...wish I was there, I could fix those loose shingles on the roof before it gets worse. Maybe I could get the girls to help and they could go up the ladder while I coached them on proper methods from the ground.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 07:08 pm:

Tim,

The plot thickens ....

The guy in the car - that is not even his car- but that is his wife on the other side of the fence .....

She is wondering what he is doing sitting in that car because she just got back from Home Depot with materials to fix that roof - he is supposed to have the ladder up & ready to go .....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 07:31 pm:

Jim, you are obviously correct. The man in the car and the wife behind the fence are the contractors for roof repair with matching working people clothing. The girls might have been sent out by a temporary agency but it appears there was a mix up on the job site. Being a former roofer I could still make it all work. The girl on the left is asking for her hammer and the girl in the center...not sure what she is looking at but I am also focused in that direction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 08:00 pm:

Jerry,

Go read the "apology" again .... it starts as some sort of apology, then turns around to
scold people for having a snarky reaction.

Not sure how they do it in your neck of the woods, but where I come from, that's what
we call a half-assed apology.

Secondly, JAY posted AFTER I did, so at the time of the post, I had no idea of Jay's
sentiments. Nowhere on my resumé do I list Fortune Teller or Long Distance Mind Reader.

Let's not twist this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Davis Houston TX on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 08:05 pm:

I love my water pump. J.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 08:07 pm:

Jay and Herbs pictures bring happiness to most everyone on the forum in one way or another. Me personally I think they are the best and the pictures show a part of the history of our T s. My late mother who just passed last month RIP loved these pictures and always commented daily when I would send them to her at nights. She always commented on the clothes the people had on their shoes good or bad condition and her dad's T that she rode in. The pics took her back and most of us enjoy the pics of the cars and all there surroundings, house, gas pumps, garages, lighting, clothing,houses etc. Really someone else said it don't open what you don't want to view. Thanks to the posters of the pictures for a daily glimpse into another time. Just my opinion. We are still allowed to have those I assume. The forum is to bring all of us who care about the model T together and preserve them for the next generations. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 09:16 pm:

As I understand this, Sam reacted poorly to the posting of an unusually large group of photos. Then, realizing the target of his post was not the responsible party, he apologized to the target of his post presumably through a private message. To characterize that apology in any way would indeed require clairvoyance as it is not part of this thread. His subsequent post was an admission of being in error and an expression of dismay at the vitriol directed at him by some in this forum. I think his reaction is entirely justified considering the vulgarity and mean spiritedness of some posters. Sam, if you are still reading this, keep in mind that there are many very nice helpful people in this group.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 10:59 pm:

In fairness to most of the posters here, I'd have to say that the majority of the "vitriol" directed at Sam was in defense of Jay and BEFORE Sam came back on to apologize. The vitriol since the apology......Well, that was from a tiny minority indeed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 11:43 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 09:07 am:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/1veWbLpGa78

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 10:02 am:

Dave, that was great----couldn't help but laughing myself.. Thanks for posting!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 11:30 am:

That was great ! My dog came running from the next room to see who was laughing. Choose to be happy indeed !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 11:32 pm:

No you all have it wrong. The guy on the right in the black and white photo is sad because he did not drive his touring so all 3 could go home with him. He has to choose only 1.

I musta missed something as I have no idea what started this thread. BUT I LIKE what has been posted on it!. The lady in blue, mercy sakes>!

But you know, at times there are folks that would complain about being hung with a new rope.You can't make everyone happy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 12:56 am:

Dave Default, maybe the guy in the Coke commercial has the disease, PBA that you see ads on TV about.

Freighter Jim, Shouldn't the guy on the right in the black and white photo have been saying, "But I have a Hot Rod, Ladies".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 01:48 am:

To the one with the long dark curls, I'd be saying something like "Bend over, I'll drive". :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration