Elmyra, Oswego and other pennants on a brass ford-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Elmyra, Oswego and other pennants on a brass ford-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 01:03 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Barker, Somerset, England on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 10:36 am:

Not Oswego but Owego, a place I have spent many weeks in. Mostly in winter.
I'm reluctant to write more about the town except to say that Owego was once chosen to host the Pontiac Aztec owners' club meeting!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 11:02 am:

There was an early automobile made in Owego, NY, the O-We-Go, it was a friction drive car. And there's a decent car show there each summer. jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 11:09 am:

Look at that LF fender!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 11:10 am:

'13 Model T ? Pickup, runabout or cut-off touring ? They look like the "tough boys" in town.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 11:21 am:

To learn more about the O-WE-GO cycle car, click these links:

http://theoldmotor.com/?p=75124

and

https://www.hemmings.com/magazine/hcc/2010/03/O-We-Go/2964991.html

Enjoy. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ernie Williams on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 11:25 am:

There is a pretty good chance that the "Wave" pendant is Waverly, NY. It is between Elmira and Owego going West to East.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 12:47 pm:

What are the chances that one of these guys is a Killecut??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 04:17 pm:

The guys have to be from the southern tier of NY.
Wavery is between Owego and Elmira -
Just wish I could figure out what the pendant over the back fender is.

BTW Owego is the home of the former Shangri-La Speedway and Oswego is the home of the Super modified speedway NW of Syracuse.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 04:31 pm:

From the clothing and the sweat, it must be a pretty hot summer day! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 08:38 pm:

With a three spare running board. "Rough boys, out in the streets."
Duane turns his brain back ON; is that a "rimette" (small and rim like device) for holding the non-demountable spares?
Cool pic Herb! Thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 12:39 pm:

Yes Bruce they all are,you wouldn't want to mess with any of them. The story on this picture was they were telling some one "you don't even want to think about parking that@#$%&*%& Chebby over here....LOL.

On a true story Ellen over heard the boy,5 yr's tell his younger brother 3 yr's "if you say Chevy I'll wash your mouth out with soap." He must have been watching The Christmas Story. She had to step in after suppressing some laughter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 01:47 pm:

Owego is a hell of a nice little town about 25 minutes West of me. Lockheed Martin builds the Presidential helicopter in Owego I do believe.

As mentioned, there's a nice AACA show there at Hickories Park every summer.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration