'22 Centerdoor finished...finally!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: '22 Centerdoor finished...finally!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 08:23 am:

The Centerdoor is completed with the exception of a few items here and there. She's ready for spring and a road test. Come on spring!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 08:26 am:

Very nice, Don! Looks as if you have another one waiting in the wings. :-)

(Message edited by coupelet on January 24, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 08:34 am:

What is that decorative thing I see hanging from the inside post? Ive noticed similar pieces on other closed cab cars. Is that a flower holder or ????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 08:37 am:

Rick, that's a bud vase. They're cool. You see them every so often on the enclosed cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 08:46 am:

Fantastic! I am having trouble resisting the temptation to restore mine after seeing how great yours looks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 08:54 am:

Was the bud vase an original factory option or an aftermarket accessory? (Sorry, I don't want to high jack the thread).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 10:16 am:

Looks great as usual Don. Love that body style

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 10:18 am:

Now that is one good lookin' machine!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 10:22 am:

BeauTiful car you have there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 10:44 am:

Simply grand ! A beautiful job Don.

Rick, I've often wondered if bud vases came with the car. You'll see them in almost all sedans of the 'teens and 20s

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 10:49 am:

Gorgeous!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 05:15 pm:

Don - Beautiful!

Rich and Rick -- the bud vases were an after market accessory not produced by Ford.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap 1915 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Olson on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 07:04 pm:

Strong Work! You deserve to be proud!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 07:18 pm:

Thanks everybody I sincerely mean that. I will get some better pictures when I can get it outside and have some sun light. I can't explain how much it means to get your thumbs up on these projects. This forum is such a great thing to have and to share questions and get real answers. I just appreciate each and everyone that contributes too it. Long live the Model T !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 07:30 pm:

Don, that is a great job. How long have you had it? I really like the look of those centerdoors! Now you can spend the summer wearing out tires and changing oil. Drive safe and often.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 08:08 pm:

Hi Dallas, I picked it up two years ago. But, I ended up putting it on the back burner for a 26 Tudor restoration and a 26 Fordor re-wooding job. So about a month ago I finally had time to finish it up. When I say finish it up I still have some clean up to do on the paint and a few more nuts and bolts to install. Once spring rolls around I can start tuning up the motor and adjusting the bands. Never ending but a better hobby for retirement can't be found.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 08:30 pm:

Don , Im waiting on parts to finish rear axle rebuild then its onto rebuilding a Martin Parry wood cab for my TT. Really looking forward to that. Im not retired so this work thing gets in the way of T progress. I really look forward to T time!
Your quite the craftsman.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 08:55 pm:

Beautiful work what a nice car. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 09:26 pm:

Looks excellent Don, like all your work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 09:47 pm:

You do some great work Don.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 09:53 pm:

I saw the thread title, and wondered who it was? "It couldn't possibly be Don Booth!" "It hasn't been long enough yet and he does such nice work!"

Dang you're fast! It IS beautiful.
Thank you for the update. It truly is a wonderful and great car.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 10:02 pm:

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Derocher on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 10:21 pm:

Really looks great Don, I checked out this car last week at Dons' place and he claimed he still had tons to do on it, it looked done to me! Real nice job on the fit of everything, and a custom roof that only another boatbuilder would love. Don't slow down and clean up the shop, get that 19 out of the trailer. Nice Job, JD

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 07:25 am:

Last name: Booth
This famous surname is Anglo-Scottish, but arguably of pre 7th century Norse-Viking origins. It is or rather was, topographical, and described a person who lived in a small barn or bothy.

Read more: http://www.surnamedb.com/Surname/Booth#ixzz4Wm8sTcQp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 09:01 am:

Very impressive. Quite a transformation. This car was on eBay a couple of years ago, was it not? Enjoy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 09:05 am:

Yup Walter it was. It was way over priced and I waited it out. I was able to pick it up at fair price after a bit of arguing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 11:50 am:

Thought it looked familiar. A Centerdoor is on my wish list, so I follow them when they come up. You were definitely the right owner for this one. So many in need of heavy repairs languish or don't get done correctly.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration