Old Photo - Hanley's Garage

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Hanley's Garage
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 09:10 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 11:40 am:

Looks all limey to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 11:48 am:

That's what I thought. "Petroleum gas"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 11:54 am:

The pumps have a BP on them, Could it be the start of British Petroleum?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 11:58 am:

the engine by the door is a "Lister", made in the U.K.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 04:36 pm:

I'm fairly sure it is British Petroleum. Those are pre-visible curb pumps from the pre-WWI era. It is probably in Great Britain or a British Commonwealth nation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 07:27 pm:

I think the sign reads "Petrol, Oil & Gas Engines". Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 07:37 pm:

I agree dave.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace, Woodstock,Ont. Canada on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 07:24 pm:

I wondered if the engine was a Lister :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 10:04 pm:

Cool pic. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 10:56 pm:

Looks like "Harley's Garage" to me!

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 12:00 am:

Dale, I'm not certain that the stationary engine is a Lister.
The fact its on those massive skids, has a fuel tank mounted on the top of a huge cooling tank, make me think its a 5hp Wolseley. On closer inspection I think I can see holes in the flywheels rather than spokes....another Wolseley mark....on some models.
Here's a picture of my 1924 2.5HP Type R portable sheering plant. You might see the similarities....except for the overhead shearing gear on my portable version. The crankcase shape is definitely Wolseley, however, the head looks different and I expect that its not an R type.
But I could be wrong and very often am.
Either way its definitely a British service Station.
Cheers,
Rob

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration