Erik Barret

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Erik Barret
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 11:19 am:

Erik
I tried to send you a email, but it keeps bouncing on your end
I'm in Mexico for another week.
I have the pattern for the girdle and no problem to get more castings from a good quality foundry. I could provide a casting from my stock immediately if needed
The Crower cranks I have are as follows;
Mains: 1-7/16"
Throws: 1-3/8".
I selected these dimensions so that stock T rods and main caps could be used. The girdle came later. Obviously Crower can make whatever size bearings you wish (and stroke). I'm quite prepared to release Crower to utilize my drawings to make a suitable crank for your application.
Your work is fascinating and I would like to ask a couple of questions
1. Some details of the crank failure if possible (A size or?, where the exact failure/break is located (pictures?). Block damage?
I have numerous engines including one with a C crank cut to stock A size (and drilled of course). On it I've moved the block forward on the pan
My 5 main blocks externally are virtually identical to a stock Ford block (including the Ford script) and are stock bore and stroke, so the C cranked engine is bigger displacement.
Best regards
Les

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 11:23 am:

Les, I will PM you when you get home.
Regards, Erik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 12:05 pm:

Erik,
I wish you would answer my emails.
Thanks,
John

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration