Exclusive Video Trial Run of the Collier Collection Simplex Speed Car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Exclusive Video Trial Run of the Collier Collection Simplex Speed Car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Greenlees on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 01:25 pm:

While this Simplex is not a Model "T" Ford, I know that many of the Forum participants enjoy most all early cars.

This video produced in house at "The Old Motor" is the first in a series of what we like to call "Vintage Supercars."

The next two videos in the future will cover a 1915 Duesenberg racing car and 1914 Mercer Raceabout.

Learn more about the engine rebuild and other work performed on this Simplex that features a 589 c.i. T-head four-cylinder with a 5 3/8" x 6 1.2" bore and stroke by following the link in the description under the video on youtube to The Old Motor.

View it @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27LnZLOeFRw

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 01:33 pm:

WOW, What I would give, to be able to drive that thing all across the "American West" anywhere from Oklahoma to California, between Mexico and Canada, would be OK with me ... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 01:36 pm:

Looks like a Crane Simplex. Nice. Wonder if Henry Austin Clark ever owned that one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Greenlees on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 01:43 pm:

"Looks like a Crane Simplex" Its not a Crane Simplex which were built later and had 6-cyl. engines.

Clark had two of them, a "Speed Car" and a touring car. Have worked on both of them in the past.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 02:07 pm:

Thanks David. It was a treat to see that and a good contrast to the fun Model T things we see here.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Greenlees on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 02:55 pm:

Richard you are welcome, good to hear you enjoyed the video.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 04:11 pm:

David:

Thanks for posting. Really enjoy your articles with Daniel Strohl in Hemmings - the ones on the Mercer in particular.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 04:57 pm:

Forgot to mention David's awesome "The Old Motor" site!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 05:27 pm:

Thanks David. Great car and video....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 06:23 pm:

Clark always referred to them as a Simplex, Crane Model!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 06:44 pm:

Wow. If that doesn't send excitement straight to your heart, nothing will. Well done, David. Congratulations.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 06:47 pm:

I thought the car reminded me of Old 16 and then i see the driver! Very Nice and i say thank you!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 06:51 pm:

Great thing to see that powering up those hill and taking corners like a breeze. Looks fast sitting still and has a great sound. Nice camera shots to.
Thanks for preserving and posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 07:36 pm:

I really like the camera work (and great car). It gives me some ideas...... thank you for posting David!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 09:39 pm:

What nice ride. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Greenlees on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 01:17 pm:

Thanks to all of you for your kind works about the video, and as they use to say at Esso "Happy Motoring" to all of you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 01:29 pm:

That i an absolutely glorious machine and video. If that were my car, I'd have to split that big tank behind the seats three ways. Instead of just gas and oil, I'd need gas, oil, and SPF 50 sunblock! Especially if I wanted to take Donnie Brown's proposed ride.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration