More Snow pictures

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: More Snow pictures
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 01:35 pm:

We received some fresh snow last night. There is too much to drive a T in so I decided to take some pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 01:40 pm:

Great stuff Richard, thanks! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 01:49 pm:

Beautiful. Looks like there is treasure under there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 01:56 pm:

Richard if that Speedster is in the way you can always send it to Florida for a vacation

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 02:06 pm:

Rich, NICE pictures! Talk about patina....

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 02:18 pm:

The speedster belongs to a friend. It was active in the 70's. I got it running several summers ago. My coupe is under cover this year waiting for a drive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 02:31 pm:

Richard, a month ago that snow would have made me happy. Indian summer was here last week at 60 degrees. Now I have spring fever. Nice pics though it makes me shiver. Our snow is all gone till thursday when we are getting more. Like the look of those cars . Tell us about that sweet little roadster with th cold seat!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 02:41 pm:

Gad!! Guess I am to old to enjoy that kind of snow. Nice pictures Richard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 03:04 pm:

I'm not enjoying the snow either. There are few days when it is somewhat photogenic.

The little roadster was assembled as a yard ornament first. I had restored a '15 in 1985 and thought it would be fun to put a motor in the rusty one at display them together. It turned out to be just as much fun as the restored cars. When I built my Rusty Coupe I robbed the '22 motor out of it. since then I have picked up more '15 parts and will reassemble it when time and energy permit. I did stitch up a new top for it and have been testing it against the elements. 20 years of sun and snow have produced some small holes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 04:29 pm:

Thanks Richard I love yard art !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 04:35 pm:

beautiful imagery ... but I do wish you had a place undercover for those great cars. I remember when people near us used to put old wagons outside their barns because they looked so nice. Over the years they all deteriorated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 05:15 pm:

Mark ,I think its to cold for metal to rust or wood to rot up there. LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 05:25 pm:

Mark, I do appreciate your concern. I have some guilt about the stuff that sits outside. This photo was taken in 1980.

The little Speedster is at far right and has seen 37 Winters outside. It has deteriorated but could be made to run with a few days work. A 30' x 40' garage now stands behind the cars at left. Several tons of old car parts inside have not appreciated much in 35 years. The outside parts survive the dry weather almost as well unless they lay on the ground while it is wet. Local collectors haul stuff to the dump or bring it to me. So I preserve what I can and enjoy the sight of snow on the rest.

Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 05:59 pm:

While I'm sitting here trying to talk myself put of shoveling snow, I'll mention the other two cars in the front row are now on the road with different bodies. The touring on the left was on the Nov/Dec VF cover as a Tudor. The racer (center) became a C-cab pickup and then a Touring.

As far as parts values go, the touring below came to me on a trailer one morning. A young fellow's Father had passed away. He hoped to restore a model T and now they needed to sell it. I told him I could assemble several trailer loads like that and wasn't really interested. I gave him several names of restorers and hot Rodders. If he couldn't sell it I would give him $35 for it. A week latter he came back. I added a radiator and windshield and bolted things together.

I see folks on the forum willing to give usable parts away. This makes me wonder how valuable some of these things are. When people want to buy something from me they often find something wrong with these tired old parts and look for a better one.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 07:40 pm:

Nice photos Rich, I would be interested in that old top bow material to go with my un-restored 18 or heck the entire set of bows. Keep posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 08:09 pm:

Thanks Mark. The bows are pieced together from touring parts and have some serious internal rust. I plan on using the fabric on some correct bow pieces I have picked up.

The Roadster Pickup in your profile is delightful.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 09:06 pm:

Wonderful old cars none in our area and I am pretty In involved in the car crowd, and I ask about T s and A s regularly. So I like them in the snow or not really like the coupe. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steven miller on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 09:33 am:

Richard, Thank you for the snow pictures. I don't have any in Mississauga, Ontario

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 11:06 am:

Great pictures Richard. I always feel bad leaving my old trucks and tractors out in the weather.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 11:26 am:

Richard, Looks to me that you are just as good with a camera as you are with brush and canvass. Keep up the beautiful pictures either way. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 08:09 pm:

Great pictures!

Thank you for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 08:47 pm:

I have one 26 roadster I had to leave out this year but by spring it will be in my new metal building. It's really just parts but I hate it sitting out even though it's covered with a car cover. I need to get the new camper in it too. They don't hold up sitting out either. Tim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration