Kingston L2 float question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Kingston L2 float question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 04:56 pm:

From what I have read the float is supposed to be cork. Looking at the float hinge it doesn't have holes for screws but looks like it was riveted to a brass float. It's pre-starter because it has a single choke arm. Did L4 brass floats interchange, or am I missing something? I've never dealt with a Kingston besides a 4 ball.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 04:04 pm:

Corey: there's a reference in the mtfca Carb repair book (p-31) that lists a Briggs & Stratton brass float #298514 as a replacement float for "T Carburetors". These come without the hinge (which you have). I haven't tackled restoring my Kingston yet, but the Briggs floats I ordered appear to me to be better floats than the repo brass ones I purchased for the Holley. FWIW, jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 04:18 pm:

OK Thanks. I was just wondering. I got this with some parts a while back. I don't have the bowl and it need throttle and choke shafts. I'll probably just put it aside for parts if I ever need them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 08:56 pm:

As far as I know, L-2 and L-4 floats are not interchangeable, it has to do with the ID (Inside Diameter) of the floats...it's larger for a L-2 cork than a L-4 brass.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration