Macbeth Headlight Lenses For Your Ford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Macbeth Headlight Lenses For Your Ford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 05:19 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 06:08 pm:

That is a great presentation of info on these lenses we have seen in the old photos.
Thanks for the closer look.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 06:21 pm:

Sounds like they would be great in the fog. I was unaware that you could waste rays.
Thanks Jay! Another learning experience from a photo. Keep them coming!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 09:15 pm:

When I was a young man, I helped my father restore a 17 touring car. It had the Liberty lenses on it, the car had been tore a part for 15 years when I was 12 and decided to help work on it. We got the car painted and back together and it was still up on jackstands waiting to finish the wheels. My parents had taking off for the weekend so I decided we would surprise my father when he got home to have the T running. My brother inlaws where there cranking and I was cranking for at least three hours before it started, well one of the lenses fell and broke when it fired up. A couple years ago thanks to Ebay I found another to match, now it is my trade mark to stand out in the crowd of black T's to have them on my car's! Just thought I would tell this touching story of T's! Thanks Joe Bell

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 12:17 pm:

i have them on both an A, and a T. they are cool looking, but very bad at night. stock lenses produce better light

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 12:24 pm:

Clayton, I was wondering about how they would actually work at night. Thanks for your post!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Dorholt - Mpls, MN on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 09:11 pm:

Looks like the trick is to have the lamps sharply focused.
If someone would like a scan of the instructions send me a message with your email

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 06:37 am:

Macbeth lenses were a generic accessory that could be fitted to any car with 8-1/2" diameter lenses. Seems odd to focus a T headlamp without the lens - the reflector won't be in the correct place with the lens and rim off, since the spring would be free to push the reflector slightly forward, messing up the adjustment?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 11:43 am:

?? Early electric headlights had clear glass - does the beam focus with the reflector alone ? I always thought the lens produced the pattern of light.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 05:49 pm:

they were made in many sizes, 1/8" increments i believe. the size is written in the fine print around the out side of the lens. most i see at swap meets are for big cars, with A and T size being harder to find. they do not have the four flats to keep the lens located, and do move around a bit, not a big deal. folks sure do ask about them when you're out in public!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration