Too wild for a "hot" T engine?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Too wild for a "hot" T engine?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 08:44 pm:

Would a scaled down replica of a Chadwick supercharger be too wild for a model T? What do you think assuming the lower end is "built" to take it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 09:07 pm:

I think a supercharged engine would be just fine. I may ultimately go there as I have a 5 main T bottom end that will take about anything I could through at it!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 10:11 am:

Go, Les, Go !!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 10:28 am:

Google "mtfca; supercharger" :-) Too many links to this site to copy using dial up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 12:42 pm:

What's a Chadwick supercharger? Dave in Bellingham, WA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 01:04 pm:

Info here: http://theoldmotor.com/?p=154532

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 01:20 pm:

There is a T out there that I have seen at a national tour that has a supercharger...and air conditioning.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Penserini - Sacramento Calif on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 01:31 pm:

Fronty offered a crankshaft driven roots supercharger in their 1927 catalog.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jim mccathren on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 06:46 pm:

Here's mine. Original car had a Gregg supercharger from Green Engineering. Only a very small handful were made exclusively for Duesenberg racing in 25-26. Some found their way to other cars. I went with the next oldest supercharger, the Graham. They made about 1200 and I was able to score one. Well, at least nearly a whole one. With the patent drawings, we were able to machine the missing parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 07:52 pm:

Jim- That is quite an engine. Looks amazing. Hope to hear it run soon!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 01:09 pm:

Thank you Stephen, that was very interesting. I always thought anything I could make in my own shop was period correct, and fair game on my speedster. Got a pretty old shop. Dave in Bellingham,WA

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration