Old Photo - Save The Paint And Throw Another Car Under It!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Save The Paint And Throw Another Car Under It!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 09:21 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 09:26 am:

1924/'25 Coupe. Poor passengers..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 09:26 am:

Looks like a job for Don Booth ! The horn looks ok.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 10:10 am:

"I told you that you were going too fast into that curve".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 10:18 am:

Here's a 2014 thread on Wrecks, Crashes, And Accident Photos. It's a long thread with LOTS of great photos.

Click on this high lighted link to go there.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/332573.html?1394287685

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 10:53 am:

???? 4 door with a coupe rear deck.what am i missing ??? charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 10:58 am:

Lots of patience and elbow grease she'll be good as new :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 11:02 am:

Charley, I think it is a coupe, the body section behind the door just got bent back so far that it looks like another door. As someone else said, poor occupants. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 03:52 am:

Jay - correct me if I am wrong, but that is a NZ photo? John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 03:55 am:

...and I may be wrong - I just know that I have seen this photo before. However, the post in the background does not look like a post that we would plant here in NZ! But the car certainly looks RHD.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 04:22 am:

Looks like LHD in the engine compartment to me, John? (no steering column this side of the engine, only carb control)

lhd

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 04:45 am:

Sorry John S, Not right hand drive. I can see the steering shaft coming down on the other side of the engine, away from the manifolds. Also the steering drag link can be seen above and behind the tie rod. So, photo not flipped, and drive from the left side.
That is one mangled '24/'25 coupe! I don't know that it cannot be NZ however, but not likely. I am curious as to where you may recall the picture from.
I am not Jay.

I am undecided on whether the door is steel framed ('25) or wood framed ('24). The way the window frame buckled over above the door handle suggests it may be steel framed. But I am not convinced either way.
Great photo Jay, regardless. I generally enjoy seeing pictures of coupes like mine in original settings. A little creepy though seeing one this messed up.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration