OT "Kids on a Harley" A painting.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT "Kids on a Harley" A painting.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 02:17 pm:

Like the cars, it's hard to know when you are finished. I think this one is.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/701055.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 02:44 pm:

A treat to see ! Thanks for posting this Rich !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 06:11 pm:

Very beautiful

but where are their tattoos? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 06:12 pm:

Beautiful Richard !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 06:15 pm:

That's WAY cool, Rich! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 06:54 pm:

Nice! Thank you. I admire your talent, and skill.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 11:35 pm:

Love your work Richard !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 07:02 am:

Thanks for the comments. It is fun to imagine the colors and shapes in these old pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 07:15 am:

Reach for your wallets, the dream is only 50k from reality....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1911-Harley-Davidson-Silent-Grey-Fellow-/272535670445?ha sh=item3f74644ead:g:uTEAAOSwImRYijOK&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 07:45 am:

They are out there. some don't sell.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1911-Harley-Davidson-7-/371839796450?forcerrptr=true&has h=item56936104e2:g:umgAAOSw241Yepkp&item=371839796450

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 04:21 pm:

P.S. Part of the fun of all of this is I had a 1910 motor for 40 some years. I sold it for enough to rebuild 2 Model T engines. It cost me $50 in 1972 or so. The T parts haven't done that well yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 06:23 pm:

Wonderful painting! I hope I'm not stepping out of line by saving a copy of it to my photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 10:08 pm:

Super cool bike. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 11:13 pm:

Very nice, Rich.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 01:03 am:

Again, thanks for the comments. Mike, I would be pleased if you can enjoy this painting in any way. I can't speak for others but I have no copy right issues with what I post. It is all just for fun and getting images to the folks that enjoy these things. I do try to get permission for photos I post or paint from. Since we are not making great profits on this forum I think we aren't risking prosecution. Much of the old stuff shown is covered by public domain. It probably is worth thinking about.

Thanks

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 02:52 am:

Rich, I've always been impressed and I'll admit envious of your talent. For the better part of my life I've tried to develop some form of creative abilities. But, I apparently wasn't standing in the correct DNA receiving line when they were handing out artistic skills such as painting or music. Although, I seem to have developed some skills in getting the AM radio on my night stand to make some noise. But that's pretty much the upper parameter of my artistic talents. Thank you for your contributions to our forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 01:20 pm:

Mike, I'm not sure the DNA has helped much. I just always enjoyed drawing or painting and Mom supplied materials and said "Oh, how good that is". You should doodle when you have time. It is relaxing.

Here is one I did 10 years ago without permission from a HD book. I donated it to an ill biker fundraiser. It is a similar bike. I was more patient with the spokes back then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 11:41 am:

Richard: Great work. We have an "Art Walk" in Downtown Jacksonville on the first Wednesday of every month, I see a lot of great art and some not so great (after all Beauty is in the eye of the beholder) but it is very rare that you see paintings with old stuff in them and of this calibre. If you ever visit down here I know one gallery owner that would love to display some of your stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 02:00 pm:

Thanks G.R. I should do more Art Shows. Some of the "beholders" are a lot of fun to visit with. Many are there to see the Posies and the Puppies. My paintings touch the right nerve in enough folks to make it fun. The effort to go to shows and the constant question of price is not as much fun as doing the paintings or working on or showing the cars. The forum and some other places have been a good place to show these. Those not interested don't have to look.

The fun is where we find it isn't it?

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 02:34 pm:

Rich, are you using acrylics? Are you painting on paper or poster board or canvas or? I was doing oil on canvas for awhile but became impatient with the drying times :-). I did some acrylic and was really impressed with it. When I tried water colors I had a tendency to paint with it like the acrylics and never did very good. Maybe I'll set up to try the acrylics again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 03:19 pm:

Give it a try Mike. Start with simple stuff. When it gets out of hand jump back on the Forum. %0)
I use acrylics on canvas. They have to be kept wet on the pallet so I spray or drop a little water every hour or so. I cover the pallet up when I am not painting and it stays wet overnight. They also dry a little darker so that can get tedious.
Many serious artist like oil.
Watercolor is fun. It has to be kept transparent.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration